Teresa
Many thanks for posting this good back ground information. If I may add;
This year (because I am not competing myself) I committed to both TT's. The Celtic Series event in June and the Carl Roach Memorial 25 Mile TT in April -postponed until 28th September.
The organisation of the Celtic Series 10 is the easiest with only about 60 riders. It is, nevertheless, a challenge for someone who has not organised an event before. The Carl Roach has been very heavy on time and I do not really want to do it next year because I will be racing - I hope.
Both are very rewarding however, in their own way;
Carl Roach. Brings in £700 for the club and attracts big names. Dr Michael Hutchinson is 80% certain to ride on 28th September (Competition record holder in 45:46 on this course in 2012 and Dr Hutch in Cycling Weekly). It carries prestige and raises the profile of the club. You also get pretty well known too.
Celtic Series; Great local race contributing to the local scene. HQ St.Athan and easy to get people to volunteer. Very friendly.
I have committed to the Celtic Series race for 2014 but will do the Carl Roach and help anyone doing the Celtic Series if we have a volunteer for that.
Don't delay. We need to know now.
Ring me , or text on 07840 338754 to discuss. I am sure we can work something out as a club. Steven Madeley and Steve Landeg are also very supportive so perhaps we could split duties. We do need a name though !
Please don't allow the club to drop one of these. We are doing no other open events next year.
Tim