Author Topic: Amblers ride Sunday 16th July  (Read 4995 times)

Ben

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 778
    • View Profile
Amblers ride Sunday 16th July
« on: July 11, 2017, 07:07:26 PM »
I won't be out this weekend. It's my wife's 40th on Saturday and we have my parents visiting. So could someone take the ride for me please?

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers ride Sunday 16th July
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 06:40:40 AM »
I'll take the group, Ben.

Will post a suggested route, friday

Ben

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 778
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers ride Sunday 16th July
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 07:57:54 AM »
Thanks Andy. When are you doing a newbie ride next?

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers ride Sunday 16th July
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 10:45:57 AM »
This Saturday afternoon 1:00.

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers ride Sunday 16th July
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 11:17:49 AM »
Suggested route for Sunday, coffee stop in the Broomwagon, Porthcawl.

Hope the weather forecast improves!

https://www.strava.com/routes/9596271

mal jones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 458
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers ride Sunday 16th July
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 04:20:37 PM »
Hi Andy I was due to be in Lake District this weekend for a sportive but cancelled due to a) campsite full b)dodgy weather and c) even dodgier hip!! I should be ok for 30 odd miles though I'll meet you at Litchard cross at 9.10 if that's ok - if I've read the route correctly thanks

Nick H

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 96
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers ride Sunday 16th July
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 06:16:26 PM »
Although weather looks promising, will be resting up tomorrow (and maybe a day or two more...) on account of a sore knee.

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers ride Sunday 16th July
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2017, 06:29:51 PM »
Mal, yes map reading skills OK, see you at Litchard Cross

Nick, hope the knee recovers quickly

Andy

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers ride Sunday 16th July
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2017, 02:04:50 PM »
11 out on a 'mixed ability' ride this morning. Very wet but luckily not too windy or cold.
Young Ben out in short sleeves and no rain jacket!
Also out Mark R, Chris G, Haydn, Greg, Mike, Lee, Adrian, Richard, Mal and me.
Mainly flat route with a couple of lumps. Mostly at a reasonable pace, although occasionally above 'ambling' 🙄
Richard had a mechanical just before Margam and had to be rescued, trust you got home OK!
Coffee stop in the broomwagon, where the rain seemed to ease off but started again on the return leg to Bridgend. Group split at Llandow where the Pacers in the group decided on a 2nd coffee stop in Cowbridge.
Enjoyable ride despite the weather

mal jones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 458
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers ride Sunday 16th July
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2017, 07:06:38 PM »
I got stitched up by Harpo  with the promise of a free coffee - before I knew it I was heading to cowbridge with 4 pacers but they looked after me well on the short stretch home thanks boys

Richard L

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 123
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers ride Sunday 16th July
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2017, 08:19:55 PM »
Thankfully I made it home safely, but I put the mechanical down to that idiot that fitted my new chain yesterday- me.