Author Topic: Velo Club Arlesien  (Read 1817 times)

Steven

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1493
    • View Profile
Velo Club Arlesien
« on: July 10, 2016, 11:44:56 AM »
I went out with the local club today, lots of greetings and handshakes at the meeting point. ( it was 28 degrees at 8am). I was met with several answers when I asked how far we were going but I guessed not too far as they all had only one bottle. I kept myself near the front of the 30 strong group as we criss crossed the countryside. Only the position of the sun and the wind direction giving me any clue as to the direction we were taking. After 40 miles , I asked how many km to go - 100! This would have meant a non stop ride of over 100 miles in 30 degree heat!

I decided to turn off and checked my map as to he way back. I'd done 63 miles by the time I got back but as for doing 100 miles non stop with one bottle in 30+ degree heat, Chapeau!