Author Topic: Friday 20th Nov - Amble Around the Vale  (Read 4256 times)

Mark Pope

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 675
    • View Profile
Friday 20th Nov - Amble Around the Vale
« on: November 19, 2015, 10:42:39 AM »
Is anyone out tomorrow? I'm planning to be at the B&Q Roundabout at 0945 for an amble around the Vale. I would normally follow the usual route via Treoes, Llangan, City etc, with a coffee in Llantwit, but I'm prepared to vary that (except for the coffee which is compulsory ;) depending on the state of the back roads.

Mark

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Friday 20th Nov - Amble Around the Vale
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 02:33:28 PM »
Sadly I'll be en route to St Helens!

Terry A

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 265
    • View Profile
Re: Friday 20th Nov - Amble Around the Vale
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 08:17:42 AM »
Hi Mark, I'm planning to be there - the compulsory coffee stop sealed it.

See you at 9.45.

Mark Pope

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 675
    • View Profile
Re: Friday 20th Nov - Amble Around the Vale
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 05:24:34 PM »
A pleasant spin around the Vale today in dry, sunny (ish) if slightly cold conditions. We followed the usual weekday route through Trees, Llangan, Welsh St Donuts to Llantwit before a coffee stop and a return leg via the Lanes and the Coast Road via Ogmore. We did around 36 miles at around 16mph. A good old fashioned amble with a few efforts thrown in to keep us warm. Out today were:

Terry
Neil the Beast Bartlett
Mark Bryant (newbie and definitely Pacers material)
Mark P

See you all Sunday.

Mark

Mark B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 461
    • View Profile
Re: Friday 20th Nov - Amble Around the Vale
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 12:24:44 PM »
Thanks Mark, Terry & Neil. I really enjoyed it. Hope to see you tomorrow morning. Mark what happened to the great route you were considering for Sunday?