Well it's been a long week, looking at the forecast, avoiding all those people with coughs and colds. I was getting more and more nervous. I had a good chaingang on Tuesday and I did a Strava PB on my test hill on Friday so I knew I was on form. I was probably the slowest on paper in the main event and an 1149 start gave me a long and nervous wait. I wore my new skinsuit ( lush, as long as I don't put a pound on) and left the keys and tyre solution with Carol. She rarely watches me - which added to my anxiety. Once I got going, I knew it was okay but only really allowed myself to believe in the last half mile as I could have ridden to the finish on the rim. Norman must have had a bit of a surprise as I let out a whoop and punched the air as I went over the line ! The achievement in numbers;
202 rides
100 under the hour
38 years!
9 houses
6 clubs ( Beauvale CC, Pendle Forest, Nelson Wheelers, VC Lincoln, Nene Valley RT and the Ogmore...)
2 sons
1 career threatening crash
1 very tolerant wife!
This year I also achieved my other objective of riding every UK national championship from 10 to 100 miles. I think it's time for a few drinks!