My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Tom on June 15, 2015, 08:10:59 AM

Title: Mid-week rides week of 15/6
Post by: Tom on June 15, 2015, 08:10:59 AM
Planning the normal Tuesday ride tomorrow(weather permitting as always).9.45 at the B&Q roundabout.Normal route round the Vale with a café stop about 35 easy miles.
Hoping to see you David and some of the Velethon heroes/heroines!Post here if you have a moment and plan to be out.
Hoping to also get out Friday.
Title: Re: Mid-week rides week of 15/6
Post by: Steve Chapman on June 15, 2015, 11:06:56 AM
I might be out Tom if the weather is ok
Title: Re: Mid-week rides week of 15/6
Post by: Tom on June 16, 2015, 03:05:30 PM
6 of us out today including Brett-a Maesteg club guest rider!Nice sunny spin-talk of another ride on Friday-watch this space!
Title: Re: Mid-week rides week of 15/6
Post by: Paul L on June 18, 2015, 05:03:20 PM
Hi Tom
Are you out Friday?
If so I am off for the day so looking to get back in the saddle after Sunday's little spin!
Title: Re: Mid-week rides week of 15/6
Post by: Tom on June 18, 2015, 05:58:25 PM
Hi Paul-yes I will be out-Carrie and Steve C(possibly) too-I will speak to Carrie later and post again.I need to be back by about 1.I mentioned a ride over the Bwllch I did last week about 2 1/2 hours riding time ,not sure if that will fit for Carrie-watch this space!
Title: Re: Mid-week rides week of 15/6
Post by: Tom on June 18, 2015, 07:25:51 PM
I've just spoken to Carrie and we've agreed to meet at the B&Q roundabout(normal place)at 9.30(slightly earlier than normal).Is that feasible for you Paul?
The plan is to do the ride I did last Friday-Coity Common,Llangeinor,up to the Bwllch by the back road,over the Bwllch and down towards Port Talbot.Take the first left toward Maesteg(Caurau)then straight through Maesteg towards Bridgend but take the lane left tto Shwtt,coffee stop(if you have time)at Bryngarw.Last week with no coffee stop it took me just a bit less than 21/2 hours.
It's a good ride on a sunny day,lots of climbing but not at a fast pace!If anyone else fancies it post here to let us know or just turn up!
Title: Re: Mid-week rides week of 15/6
Post by: Paul L on June 18, 2015, 10:04:34 PM
Thanks Tom...looks like a good ride, hope I can keep up!

See you at B&Q
Title: Re: Mid-week rides week of 15/6
Post by: Tom on June 19, 2015, 01:27:15 PM
Good turn out 7 in total,Terry&Tony,Paul L,Marshall,Carrie+myself joined at Llangeinor by Dave(Steve C obviously decided to give his marriage another chance and not join us today).Most of us did the planned route-1 or 2 diversions but we all came back together on the Bwllch) and enjoyed a nice coffee stop at Bryngarw,sitting in the sun.
Now to tackle that decking again!!
Title: Re: Mid-week rides week of 15/6
Post by: Paul L on June 19, 2015, 02:53:12 PM
Thanks again Tom, was a good ride even though Carrie and I did the harder route lol. Nice company and glad it was only one of your little hilly rides!!!

Hope the painting goes well :)
Title: Re: Mid-week rides week of 15/6
Post by: Tony M on June 19, 2015, 04:53:21 PM
Thanks Tom. It was a bit like herding cats for you today  :) Tough route at times, but a good coffee and cake stop  ;D