My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Andy H on May 20, 2015, 01:41:58 PM
-
I can't get out Sunday so plan on doing this route on Monday:-
https://www.strava.com/routes/2389073
Out to Brecon Beacons via Pontypridd, café/lunch stop in Sennybridge bit of backtracking to get to Devil's Elbow then home via Rhigos and Bwlch.
Weather forecast is OKish at the moment, would leave Brackla at usual 9:00am. If weather changes for the worst will change route
-
Hope to join you, having a few Saturday night, hopefully would have recovered by then :)
-
Hope to join you but probably not realistic given bike activities are going to consume much of the previous day!
-
BBC Weather suggests that Sunday is Wet and Monday is Dry, so this route sounds good to me.
I'll probably meet the group at L'Oréal about 09:30 if that sounds good, 30 minutes from Brackla to L'Oréal seemed to workout good the last time.
-
Not for me after today, not unless I want a well earned divorce file (I don't). Next time. Enjoy
-
Forecast OK, I'll be leaving Brackla at 9:00.
Hope a few more can make it, after all the weather's not nice enough for beach or BBQ!
-
Did you race the Tour of Carmarthenshire? How did it go?
-
So I'll be at the roundabout for 9:30, Harpo said he should be Ok for tomorrow but he's nursing a hangover
-
See you tomorrow
-
I've just had authorisation to be out! :) Still working on being out for the full ride though!!
-
You could just come as far as the Devil's Elbow!! ;D
-
lol only just noticed the Bwlch and the Rhigos is at the end of the ride :-[
-
Yes, it was good fun Andy although the weather was grotty. An Ajax rider won the race though that had absolutely nothing to do with me. I was content just to be making up the numbers towards the rear of the peleton.
-
Another great ride today guys and another day of suffering in the saddle, for me!!
Steve C, Haydn and I, were joined at Brackla by John Edwards, set off at a pace that seemed reasonable at the time but would wreck me by the end of the day. Picked up Jason and Chris Reed en route and headed out to Pontypridd where John peeled off to do his own route, good riding with you!
Headed up to Storey Arms keeping the tempo high, 18.5mph to Sennybridge where we enjoyed a much needed cafe stop. Excellent panini did little to boost the energy levels as we set off for the Devil's Elbow, great stretch of riding to the Elbow and fantastic decent to Ystradfellte, begs the question why they had to put the climb in between? ;D :( ;D
By know I was pedaling squares so the climb out of Ystadfellte was relieved only by seeing Haydn unclip in the middle of a switchback with a van coming down the hill, he did recover quickly to shoot past, leaving me to suffer alone.
Not sure quite how I made over the Rhigos and Bwlch, (suppose being 30 miles from home helps) but thanks all for the tow home and Haydn for supplying spare fluid.
See you next Sunday
-
Yeah great ride today and thanks to Andy for another cracking route.
-
Thanks for the great route Andy and thanks for everyone's wheel!
Ps Quality Panini!
-
Good route and ride today, thanks everyone.
Now I've just gone and taken two tramadol as that decent of Rhigos annihilated me, lets see if I pass out soon ???
-
Yeah great route Andy, really enjoyed the decent from devils elbow, lucky there were no cars coming the other way!!
-
Thanks Andy,
Great riding with you guys. Gutted I did not have time for a long hilly one. That would have been just the ticket yesterday.
Hopefully do a full club run soon.
See you later for a few laps!
John