My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Andy H on May 19, 2015, 01:16:47 PM

Title: Pacers Sunday 24th May
Post by: Andy H on May 19, 2015, 01:16:47 PM
Sorry but I won't be out this Sunday, you know the routine, if you have a route in mind post it.

Otherwise meet Brackla 9:00 and decide then!

p.s. I aim to get out Bank Holiday Monday for a 100 miler, if there's anybody who can't do Sunday

I'd welcome the company. I'll start a separate post with a planned route, plan to head

up to Beacons and take in Devil's Elbow.
Title: Re: Pacers Sunday 24th May
Post by: Rob Jones on May 19, 2015, 03:36:40 PM
I'm a possible Andy, depending on what I can get away with - racing Sunday. I was looking back on all my 100 mile plus routes last night. Not as many as I thought. A couple of good ones worth doing again or for others to try that I'll plonk here for a browse/ consideration. One included the golden valley and another the military ground between brecon and builth. Devils elbow is a lovely bit of road Andy. Davey once mentioned a place called Trapp, which is probably a bit far west for me but looks well worth an epic OVW club run one day
Title: Re: Pacers Sunday 24th May
Post by: Jason T on May 19, 2015, 03:41:19 PM
Someone in work was on about the military one, something like Talibad (I forget right now) but Google Maps indicated a fantastic road.

The chap said it was great, pretty much no vehicles and the road is maintained by the military ~ Very smooth roads me thinks.
Title: Re: Pacers Sunday 24th May
Post by: Rob Jones on May 19, 2015, 03:55:47 PM
 There are 2 b roads over the area bewltween brecon and builth, so I took one out and returned on the other. It was very tough and exposed cycling. One for a nice warm still day. But yes virtually traffic free and very scenic.
Title: Re: Pacers Sunday 24th May
Post by: Andy H on May 19, 2015, 04:58:54 PM
A 'tri' mate did that route last week I think, I'll check it out, he posted it on Strava
Title: Re: Pacers Sunday 24th May
Post by: Rob Jones on May 19, 2015, 07:41:00 PM
Here you go

https://app.strava.com/activities/75931033

I was a bit fitter back then but its the bit north of Brecon I was suggesting - the hills I took in on route are mostly unnecessary and were regrettable later in the day.
Title: Re: Pacers Sunday 24th May
Post by: Jason T on May 19, 2015, 08:07:54 PM
Just looked at your activity  :o You were not hanging about on those climbs taking in to account the distance as well.

Anyway, I could see the place I was thinking about when I followed the link, it was Tirabad  ::)
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.040128,-3.620648,3a,75y,220.83h,85.73t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1snXdpefTL1CqnHuz-FVosJQ!2e0
Title: Re: Pacers Sunday 24th May
Post by: Andy H on May 19, 2015, 10:22:00 PM
This was the route I'd seen, it goes through Tirabad!

https://www.strava.com/activities/305836957

Need to change the starting point, warm up over Bwlch and Rhigos!!