My Community
General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Steve Chapman on May 17, 2015, 08:32:42 PM
-
If you are riding the Velothon this year is anyone interested in joining me to raise money for charity?
This year i am riding both the Dragon Ride and Velothon for Bobath Wales. As my daughter has ceabral palsy and visits the centre from time to time i thought this would be a great way to thank them for the help they have given Tia and many other children across Wales.
You wouldn’t have to do much! just get a few friends and family to sponsor you and join TeamTia on Just Giving. Believe me nothing gets you more motivated than when you are riding for a charity.
If you would like to join the team please visit www.justgiving.com/teams/teamtia
Or if you would like to sponsor me please visit www.justgiving.com/stephen-chapman8/
Thanks
Steve C
-
Thank you very much Toe Strap Steve for the donation.
-
Can't remember the rules for my sponsorship for dragon ride Steve (they on one of your rides as comment on strava)..but do hold me to it - rather than put something on here now I'll do it after dragon ride when I know what you've earned.
-
Thanks Rob,
Thanks Jason T for your donation! sorry i didn't thank you today, I've only just looked at the Just Giving page.
-
Thanks Tom and Xray Specs for your donations. Very much appriciated
-
Thank you Steven M for your donation, much appreciated
-
I thought I would add this here rather than bump another thread and overtake Steve's donation page.
Harpo says he has had an email with all his info, I've not had anything yet so here's all the online info:
Schedule:
http://www.velothon-wales.co.uk/en/competitor-info/get-race-ready/schedule/
Registration Pack Info:
http://www.velothon-wales.co.uk/en/competitor-info/get-race-ready/registration-race-pack-collection/
Start Times:
http://www.velothon-wales.co.uk/en/competitor-info/get-race-ready/start-times-wave-numbers/
Please note that those taking on the 140km distance will be set off in order of predicted finishing times, with the fastest riders starting earlier for safety reasons. Exact wave times will be available at the end of May.
I've got an 08:05 Start Time.....
Steve's Donation Page:
https://www.justgiving.com/stephen-chapman8/
-
Thanks to Andy H and Andrew S for sponsoring me and Tia
If you haven't sponsored us yet you can watch Tia climb the Tumble here
http://youtu.be/qL2uhOWPK-8
-
512m...nice one Tia
That's the way to hill climb..with a fantastic smile!!
-
Pure class from Tia-the bloke on the front looked to be suffering though-obviously under trained
-
Myself and my daughter just watched Steve and Tia's Video amazing just hope I can climb it as easy as them, well done Tia.
-
My daughter watched it twice!
-
Thanks for all your lovely comments
Also thank you to Haydn and Jonathan S for your sponsorship.
-
Thanks for the sponsorship Lee S
And to Andrew Samuels the first recruit for TeamTia and donation
www.justgiving.com/teams/teamtia
www.justgiving.com/stephen-chapman8/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL2uhOWPK-8
-
Thanks for the sponsorship Roy H much appreciated
-
Thanks to Terry and Neil B for your sponsorship.
£325 Raised so far and Team Tia up to £425 Thanks to Andrew Samuels
-
How many inner tubes are people taking for the Velothon?
https://www.facebook.com/gwentpolice/posts/10153427119430452
http://road.cc/content/news/153714-anti-cycling-feeling-apparent-velothon-wales-draws-near
-
Can you send me link for that canister you on about lastnite?
-
Yeah, Ok.
I think I will change over to my tubeless wheels for the event.... just in case :(
-
Thanks to Paul N and Allan W for your sponsorship much appreciated
-
Thank You Tony for your sponsorship, appreciate it
-
Thanks again Carrie for your sponsorship
-
Thanks to Rob Jones, Mark Pope and Mark Ellis for your sponsorship.
And thank you to Andy Samuels with Team Tia now over £800
-
Thanks to Wayne and Richard B for your sponsorship.
Should have the rest of the money in this week so will let you all know how much was raised.
Thanks again to everyone, Steve
-
Finally collected all the money raised, with help from Andy the total Team Tia raised was £1567.21
Tia and I took the rest of the money to Bobath today and they were very greatful.
Thanks again to everyone that sponsored us and to Andy Samuels for his help getting way over our £1000 target. :)