My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Mark Pope on May 02, 2015, 04:16:02 PM
-
For those not able to join Andy's longer Velothon recce ride this Sunday I thought I'd plan a shorter Ambler's orientated jaunt around the Vale. My proposed route is:
Brackla - Treoes - Llangan - City - Aberthin - Welsh St Donuts - Hensol Forest - Gwern-Y-Steeple - Bonvilston - Crosstown - Llancadle - St Athan - Llantwit Major - the Lanes - St Brides - Southerndown - Ogmore - Ewenny - Brackla.
The distance is around 46 miles from Brackla to Brackla with a coffee stop at Cafe Velo in Llantwit. Start time is 0900 and the plan is to average around 16mph. It's a flat(ish) route with one proper hill (it's slightly cheeky on the Cheeky Scale) at Gwern-Y-Steeple. See you there.
Mark
-
Nice route Mark.Although,as you know I'd planned to join you I'm now riding into Cardiff a bit later to meet up with my daughter.I will be riding part of your route but later and (sadly)solo.
I'm away the next 2 Sundays but will be resuming Ambling post Bilbao/Barcelona
-
No problem Tom. Enjoy your ride. See you in a few weeks.
Mark
-
Mark looking at cafe velo twitter feed they are closed tomorrow!
-
Thanks Steve,
We'll do the Ewenny Cafe option instead of the Velo. Have a great ride tomorrow and enjoy the Tumble. I found it quite a tough hill last Summer on our Tour of Britain day out, but I seem to remember you scooted up it like Alberto Contador. I hope the views from the top are as good as they were last year.
Mark
-
Six Amblers were out today. Despite the mist and rain it proved to be an enjoyable ride at a reasonable lick. We completed a loop around the Vale finishing up around Southerndown and Ogmore. A slightly shorter route than normal at around 44 miles, although a number of the group (well all except me actually) rode quite a bit further from home and back. It was a strong group so the average speed was slightly quicker than usual at a shade over 17mph. Out today were:
Paul Longthorn
Terry A
Wayne
Mark P
Chris Reed
Craig Macdonald - Newbie but looking very strong after riding the Paris-Roubaix sportive.
Mark