My Community
General Category => Time Trials => Topic started by: Teresa on April 26, 2015, 03:07:21 PM
-
There are not enough 'thank yous' to thank everyone for their help at the Carl Roach event today.
So here is a big one instead
THANK YOU
Proud to belong to an excellent club 8)
-
..and well done to you. Great organisation was the keystone to the success of today.
-
..and Keiron's time was the fastest in the UK this year..
-
Provisional results attached.
[attachment deleted by admin]
-
Hi Everyone, can I first and foremost thank Teresa for her organisation of the Carl Roach TT on Sunday, the work she put into it was phenomenal and it ran with no hiccups, well apart from the 100+ tonne lorry, pusher lorry, metal plates etc - all sent to try us but as it worked out, better for the riders. We had loads of riders come up to us after the race and declare their intention to ride again next year and that it was one of the best events they ride in - fantastic feedback
Great thank you also to the rest of the team who gave up their Sunday and turned up en masse to help, especially the catering team for keeping everyone fed and hydrated, the guys out in the cold on roundabouts/junctions/bridges and the number crunchers at the beginning ("if you haven't signed, you are not riding" lol), and at the end who made sense of the figures and created the magic Scores on the Doors - quite literally!.
To the pre race scouts who have patrolled the course on a number of occasions in order to provide the safest, most challenging and exciting rider possible for the riders.
It all goes to show that .....................Team Work Makes the Dream Work!
-
..and Keiron's time was the fastest in the UK this year..
Having spoken to Cycling Weekly, Kieron is in the top ten fastest riders of this year - twice.
1st fastest for our event with 47.19 and 8th fastest for the Realteam event with 49.57.
Current 2nd place holder is Matt Bottril with 47.28
-
Well done to all,in particular the organisers,I certainly enjoyed my morning at the roundabout,and it would seem we all did.The classic car rally was a great bonus!
Special mention must go to rider no.57 from Holmfirth,I chatted to him for sometime early on-he seems to have a sensible head on him,and good legs,53.51 in 15th place...aged 15
Good luck for the future and with your GCSEs Nathan
One to watch me thinks!
-
A great race and it was great to be part of it
Only an hour delay too.
I think the Curse of Carl must be wearing off.
-
Thanks to all who helped so myself and others could ride. I heard only great feedback.
It was my first 25 tt as well; hope the others are as well run.
-
Some really lovely and positive feedback from Chris Massey - Cwmcarn Paragon RC
I just wanted to extend my thanks to the club and it's officials and all those that helped out yesterday for the Carl Roach 25M TT.
One of the best marshalled events I have ever ridden in, and one of the best catered for also.
The food on offer after the event was brilliant!
The setup and final times coming in was also great too.
Full credit to you all - an amazing day!
Thanks so much for making it a thoroughly enjoyable morning.
Brilliant guys! Keep up the good work and high standards.
Cheers - Chris (Massey)
-
Another message - Les was kind enough to get in touch with me when the HUGE lorry was ready to depart.
Thank you very much for organising the event, having done a few open events myself I know how stressful it can be and how much hard work goes into it!
See you next year :)
Les (Pick) Poole Wheelers
-
Some photos of the event on the link below. Only Overflow at the moment, but I am sure Peter will add the main field.
Interesting to see the different riding positions.
http://sisportsimages.co.uk/CyclingGallery2015.html
-
Main Event
Chris Goodwin looks far too happy in his photo
http://sisportsimages.co.uk/GalleriesCycling2015/Ogmore%20Valley%20Whs%2025ml%20TT%20%20-%20%2026th%20April%202015/index.html
Overflow
http://sisportsimages.co.uk/GalleriesCycling2015/Ogmore%20Valley%20Whs%2025ml%20TT%20%28W,%20J,%20Overflow%29%20-%2026th%20Apr%202015/index.html
-
http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=6586
Hope that explains my apparent "smile".
Need to work on positioning as well by the look of it.
-
Winners list and thank you's attached
[attachment deleted by admin]
-
A message from Allan Renyard, Guernsey Velo Club
Thanks for the prompt results and a well organised event (as usual).
Hopefully my next visit to the valleys will be a bit warmer.
I did enjoy both my rides (did the Bath CC event the previous day), so a most enjoyable couple of days
Thanks again
-
A lovely message from Stephen Cook - Lindsey Road CC
Been busy since Sunday but wanted to thank you and your team for a fantastic event again from the people in the HQ to all the marshals and helpers .Everybody was so friendly and the delayed start even added to the day for me as I was able to sit in the HQ and sit and have a cup of coffee talking about cycling and finding out more about the Ogmore club. It was a great day and I'm glad the weather stayed fine for you.I enjoyed last year even though the course had to be shortened and am really glad I came back again .
Again thank you for a great day and I hope to see you next year
-
Nigel is a first time organiser and appreciates the efforts that go on behind the scenes - Nigel Jones, Gloucester City CC
I would just like to pass on my sincere thanks to yourself and all the volunteers & helpers from Ogmore Valley Wheelers who turned up early Sunday morning to make what was a very successful day.
I thought the course was marshalled brilliantly and the food and hospitality in the hall & kitchen was fantastic.
It’s an awful lot of hard work, but really appreciated by myself and all the riders I hope, thank you.
-
Ross has some nice photos taken at Aberdulais, plus some Video of riders coming back down the slip road. Can we sort out an evening at Coity to view, there's even footage of a marshal, pointing.