My Community

General Category => Time Trials => Topic started by: xrayspecs on April 17, 2015, 10:30:35 AM

Title: Bynea R30/6
Post by: xrayspecs on April 17, 2015, 10:30:35 AM
How far away is the start from HQ; I am assuming straight down the A40? Unfamiliar roads and roundabouts are making me nervous about possible unplanned deviations...
Title: Re: Bynea R30/6
Post by: Teresa on April 17, 2015, 11:00:43 AM
https://create-cdn.net/sitefiles/13/3/1/133127/Bynea_30_Start_150419.pdf


4ish miles ??
Title: Re: Bynea R30/6
Post by: Andy H on April 17, 2015, 12:00:58 PM
Do you want to share a lift?
 I can come over to yours but only have Citroen C1 so would you be able to drive us and both bikes?
We're only 10 minutes apart on start line
Title: Re: Bynea R30/6
Post by: xrayspecs on April 17, 2015, 01:10:43 PM
Yes no problem; should be able to get two bikes in the back of my car if we take the wheels off. Text me a time.
Title: Re: Bynea R30/6
Post by: Teresa on April 19, 2015, 02:27:00 PM
A little dickie bird says that Kieron won with a 1:03:01 (which is apparently not only a course record it is also a Welsh 30 record too)
Title: Re: Bynea R30/6
Post by: Rob Jones on April 19, 2015, 04:53:55 PM
I suppose it would be Teresa...not too many active 30 courses in Wales. Is that a 30mph average?
Title: Re: Bynea R30/6
Post by: Tom on April 19, 2015, 05:02:04 PM
if the event is 30 miles long and the winning time is more than 1 hour is the average speed likely to be more or less than 30MPH.and you're a scientist Chris!
Seriously awesome ride,how did you and the other OVW's get on Chris?(I have bad memories of that event!)
Title: Re: Bynea R30/6
Post by: Andy H on April 19, 2015, 05:38:27 PM
If the course is exact then 28.57mph
Title: Re: Bynea R30/6
Post by: Andy H on April 19, 2015, 05:39:10 PM
Conditions were tough, cold with a headwind back, I was rubbish! 
Title: Re: Bynea R30/6
Post by: xrayspecs on April 19, 2015, 06:00:01 PM
I am slightly distressed the casual reader will now think I can't do simple maths Tom; please send Rob Jones to the back of the class.
AND I stayed ON COURSE today.
Very tough headwind on the return; passed several riders who were clearly spent.
Don't have any results as we went home early.
Title: Re: Bynea R30/6
Post by: Tom on April 19, 2015, 06:11:38 PM
Sorry Chris!The whole club will now know that I seem to be dyslexic when it comes to reading posts!
Title: Re: Bynea R30/6
Post by: Tom on April 19, 2015, 06:28:04 PM
And in fairness to Rob I notice from Strava that as a father of v young children he had very little sleep last night and did a much harder ride than me today so really the only person with egg on their face is yours truly
Title: Re: Bynea R30/6
Post by: Rob Jones on April 19, 2015, 08:23:55 PM
I could easily pretend that I was taking the p*** with that question....however I'll be honest and confess to being brain dead. Does not bode well for return to work tomorrow after a week off! I see Kieron won by about 7 minutes...so perhaps the most impressive thing is how he continues to motivate himself in these lower key events. He could probably ride round in zone 3 and still win!
Title: Re: Bynea R30/6
Post by: Rob Jones on April 19, 2015, 08:28:04 PM
The egg on face is all mine Tom! I actually thought about it for a moment too...and didn't have a clue!  :-[
Title: Re: Bynea R30/6
Post by: Tom on April 19, 2015, 10:37:42 PM
Actually Rob you may be right about zone 3!I calculate a 1.03 equates to  52.30 for a 25 which is pedestrian by Keiron's standards.I suspect the explanation for that is it was a pretty tough day
Title: Re: Bynea R30/6
Post by: xrayspecs on April 20, 2015, 11:47:05 AM
1 Kieron Davies 1;03;01
2 Philip Tucker 1;10;08 (just to show the gap from first)
13 Mark Rosser 1;14;59
24 Steven Madeley 1;18;00
28 Christopher Goodwin 1;19;11
35 Stephen Landeg 1;22;18
38 Andrew Harries 1;24;38

51 Ran 2 DNS APOL.
8 DNS including Rob Jones who has let himself slip ( including language wise) since his move to Ajax. They are obviously a bad influence.
Title: Re: Bynea R30/6
Post by: Tom on April 20, 2015, 12:13:56 PM
Well done to all 51 esp the Oggies.Wot no apols Rob J?
Title: Re: Bynea R30/6
Post by: Steven on April 20, 2015, 03:55:36 PM
Yes Rob, I only rode it so I could see you ! 

Chasing Strava KOM's instead, that's for boy racers!
Title: Re: Bynea R30/6
Post by: Rob Jones on April 20, 2015, 09:53:20 PM
Yes Rob, I only rode it so I could see you ! 

Chasing Strava KOM's instead, that's for boy racers!

Uh oh, what have I said now Chris? I'm not even a boy racer Steven, haven't managed to show up at a single event yet this season. I was ill for Betty, Herefordshire 25 was cancelled, and I slept through alarm (set at zero volume) for Bynnea 30!