My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Jsaunders on April 15, 2015, 08:44:07 PM
-
The bwlch has been mentioned for this Sundays ride, ave is up to 35-40 now with the group doing 43.9 last week.ave speed is 14-15 mph.
-
Looking forward to Sunday John, let's hope the weather is good to us.
I think the group,will be ok with the Bwlch!
-
Yes Paul I think a few are looking forward to it including me,
I'm sure everyone will be fine they all did excellent last week. Weather looks good for Sunday at the moment, the climb for the bwlch is port talbot side up.
-
Anyone wishing to do a more sedate ride I will sort a route out to suit ability, please put you name on this "page" if you intend turning up
-
Yes Ron-I've been thinking the 25's are starting to look more like Amblers rides-maybe a few 25 ers should come Ambling?
-
Maybe there is a place for an Inbetweeners?
Not sure I could ride at 16-20 for 3 hours, that's what I'm lead to believe the Amblers do, without holding you up or get left behind.
-
Paul L-you've been led tp believe wrong.More like 16MPH ave I think-there has been some posting about this recently and I think Teresa updated the home pages to more accurately reflect what each group aims for.Having been out with you the other day I'd be very surprised if you were holding us up(and we never look on it as being'held up'anyone thinking that is in the wrong club!!)
-
Paul I don't think their average is as high as 20mph, the pace we are doing is just shy of the amblers pace. But they are out for longer, it is a valid point of having another group to cater for all abilities.
-
Paul L-you've been led tp believe wrong.More like 16MPH ave I think-there has been some posting about this recently and I think Teresa updated the home pages to more accurately reflect what each group aims for.Having been out with you the other day I'd be very surprised if you were holding us up(and we never look on it as being'held up'anyone thinking that is in the wrong club!!)
Tom my days riding are for enjoyment, if it's not enjoyable then I wouldn't want to go out.
I enjoyed the ride with you last week and felt comfortable in my ability for the time we were out, however riding at pace or a constant pace of 16 mph for 3 hours, I know for me, at this stage of my ability would be that little step (or pedal) to far!
The reason why I looked at joining the OVW was because it has a good reputation as a friendly club with different level of riders that welcome all abilities.
I did not mean to upset or annoy you or anyone by my 'holding up' comment it was meant, that I (myself) wouldn't want to slow a group up or hold them up due to my inability to keep pace.
-
The pacers don't even manage 20mph averages!
I don't think you've upset anybody Paul, I think members like Tom are very experienced and are good judges of your ability/potential and like to see people improving.
You could always try stepping up in a couple of weeks and if it doesn't suit then revert back
-
Thanks Andy-you understood what I was trying to say in what I can see wasn't as clear a posting as I intended!Paul,you haven't upset me or anyone else I'm sure.What I meant in a supposedly jocular comment was you won't hold anyone up and anyone having to wait for another rider doesn't think of it in that way-waiting for each other now and again is as much a part of cycling as stopping for a puncture.
Sorry if I caused you any angst!
-
Change of work plans means that i am now about this weekend, so should be out and am up for this, i really enjoyed the ride last week both in distance and pace, also as a new member, (albeit yet to officially join, and last week was my second ride) i felt that the group was a good group and i was made to feel welcome, so looking forward to more rides like this and become a part of a friendly club, as was mentioned on the ride and has been discussed here, i ride for fun, when it stops being fun, you stop doing it.
oh we do have a bus arranged for an uplift of the Blwch yes?
-
Glad to hear your enjoying the club runs, Dave and that the friendly atmosphere is prevalent in the 25ers.
It's also present in the Amblers and Pacers but they do tend to take 'extract the urine' a bit more but don't be put off!! :D
Sometimes the fun is a lot harder work but as they say 'it doesn't get easier you just go faster'!
-
Due to "creeping old age" I am not able to do two Bwlch type rides in successive days, so if no one wishes to come on a "more sedate" ride on Sunday I will go with the main 25er's over the top and do "sedate" on Saturday. Other wise its "uncomfortable time" on Sat and a "sedate" on Sunday. So anyone wishing to do a "coffee ride" turn up on Sunday. PS good name for a forth group " The Coffee Riders" clues in the name Tom.
-
Hope to be back riding in couple of weeks - The Coffee Riders seems the perfect group for me!
-
Hi,
My name is Pete. I've been cycling as a way to get fit and have also recently been training for the Velothon.
I would be interested in joining you for a ride tomorrow morning if that would be ok?
-
Hi Pete just turn up at Physiques by 9am, the majority of us are going over the bwlch but if your not up for it Ron will take you on the coffee ride.
-
The Bwlch sounds great. Thanks
-
Someone save me.
-
Someone save me.
Ron we can stop for a Coffee once the Bwlch is beat! :-[
-
Ron you will probably be the first to the top of the bwlch. Its me that needs saving I just ate a kebab.
-
Just Pete and Andy out with me today, we followed the 25er's to the New Harbour road in PT before retracing our route to Park Slip. Less than one hundred miles but successfully drank three coffees and Pete ate a Welsh cake. Met Sian on the way home she should be out and about soon. If all members turn up one week we are in trouble.
-
Thanks for having me tag along today. Thoroughly enjoyed it
-
You had a good strong ride Pete, most people wont be out next week but should be back to normal the week after.