My Community
General Category => Time Trials => Topic started by: Steven on April 12, 2015, 04:06:27 PM
-
Most of you will have noticed the wind today and for those of us riding the 25 it was troublesome. I rode the first 15 miles to the turn on the drops as I did not trust myself on the tri bars in the gusts. At one point it slowed me to 14mph when I was going down the bank? Got to the turn with an average of 21.5mph and way too much to do on the way back despite doing 20mins 32 seconds for the final uphill 10 miles!
1:02:52, my slowest for a while. Mark Nott did an '0' and Mark Rosser a '59'. Kieron won it with a '49' - amazing...
-
It was tough today, even sat on Harpo and Jayson's wheel! 🚲🚲🚲
-
Those few hours made a big difference to the wind; I managed trip bars all the way on the coast road at 8.10 although almost came a cropper on the last corner thinking about how well I'd done in the wind...
-
But coming back up was nice, room for improvement. One of the stalwarts of the Time Trial catering team has been unwell, Marilyn Sheehan of Bynea Club could be seen at todays event with a walking stick, recovering from a stroke, so she informed me I asked her if the stick was to make John go faster. Marilyn will be at our event helping out I'm sure. We all wish her a speedy recovery.
-
Tri bars all the way today, with shallow road wheels, at least the wind was in my face down the slope.