My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Andy H on April 06, 2015, 09:41:18 PM
-
Forecast, sunny
Outlook, hilly
Will post a route in the week!
-
Looks ominous :)
-
Something like this:-
https://www.strava.com/routes/2093630
Out via Blackmill and Gilfach Goch, main climbs Llanwonno, Eglwysilan (not via Ponty GC) and Caerphilly mountain.
Coffee atop the mountain or in Tongwynlais, home via Pentyrch
Just over 60 miles with plenty of climbing! Now how do I lose 5 kilos by Sunday? :-[
-
Looks good, will probably peel off at the top of Eglwysilan to get back for Paris-Roubaix ;D
-
Ross of the 25er's has lost 10kg since coming out with our gang.
-
7 started the pacers ride this morning, TS Steve, Steve C, Paul, Jayson,Harpo, Malcolm and myself. Unfortunately Malcolm had intended riding with the Amblers so peeled off at Blackmill. (Wish I had too) it was a really tough day today, lots of climbing and the Mallorca 'brethren' in the form of harpo and Jayson keeping the tempo high on the flat! They both looked really strong today, both Steves were climbing well and Paul was flying!
64 challenging miles
-
Thanks Andy for a great ride, always somewhere different!
Keep telling Jason to slowdown but he wouldn't listen! ;)
-
Oi...
Good ride today chaps, hell of a headwind back to my place and I think my average speed coming down nantgarw was 21mph ~ Glad I didn't have that back to Bridgend ;D
Paul is just getting stronger-and-stronger by the looks of it.
-
Cheers Andy. 'Interesting route' - yes we all went wrong at least once, including Andy, and Malcolm just by joining us! It's actually a genius route with two Cat 5's to warm-up, the two Cat 3's in the middle and a four 4's thrown in for good measure - shame about the headwind coming west from Tongwynlais. Suggest Paul, you apply for a license as you've the turn of speed to get away and the fitness to stay away.
-
Nice one, How do you go about applying for a licence and entering races? I'll try and pop into the club to have a chat. Sounds like a good excuse to buy a new bike!
Thanks for organising another great route Andy. Sunday pacers rides have been superb lately.
Ta
P
-
Apply at British cycling; full licence.
I would urge you to consider riding chaingang as it most closely simulates the efforts and bike handling required for racing; certainly Llandow.
The presidents handicap is a good rr to start as you will ride in a group of other 4th cats; 2 hours chaingang until the e/1/2 catch up! Flat course with few corners so a steady effort at race pace.
-
Thanks for the advice I'll go and check out the website. Chain gang makes sense my bike handling skills are all over the shop after my bump, not use to turning corners after all the turbo sessions I've been doing!
-
You will only have to practise turning left for the chaingang ;)