My Community
General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Rob Jones on April 05, 2015, 07:32:36 PM
-
Do we really need so called team cars in bike racing? Rider safety is a joke. Pure racing is dangerous enough without these idiots racing alongside them for position!
-
I nearly posted with 70k to go, about the same time as the second accident.... both caused by neutral service;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsexjF6Iaz0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11ourg99WAY
Both of those could have been so much worse.
Not sure if there was an issue with the new suspension Pinarello during todays race ???
-
Its outrageous. And evidently becoming quite common. I saw rides in a break of 2 looking behind them before moving out to take their turn on the front. Clearly trying to reduce chances of being wiped out by a car or motorcycle! Call me old fashioned but its supposed to be a bike race. Spare innertube in rear pocket would be a massive step forward in my opinion!
-
After those two crashes there was another hair raising moment, and I don't have much hair, of a motorcycle completely caining it up the footpath to get in front of Group 1 or 2.
Also one of the air banners that crosses the road started do deflate as the breakaway went through, the peloton were all ducking as they went under.
Crazy Moments.
-
Your comment is now driving a bit mad, I remember seeing an article only from the last couple of years regarding a pro rider who actually carries (or carried as he may have now retired) a small pump and basic tools under his saddle... for the life of me I cannot remember his name.
Argh.
-
Regards the actual racing do Sky continue to get it wrong tactically. They do too much work at the start of the race and don't leave enough riders for the end of the race to chase down the attacks at the end of the race. It was all left to poor old Luke Rowe to support Thomas at the end of the race.
-
I think that due to the distance of 160 odd miles with those cobbled climbs it comes down to how many matches you have burned and if you have anything left in reserve.
I believe Wiggins was cycling for G, yet he had two bike changes (I think that's correct) including an off and he's the primary for Paris Roubaix on Sunday, so he may have eased off towards the latter part of the race.
Things really started to kick in with around 55k to go, really surprised to see Greipel up there due to his size and Sagan so close yet so far again.
-
Wiggins spent most of the race sat on the back of the bunch. He contributed little. He's either completely off form or he's doing a great job of disguising it ahead of Paris Roubaix.
-
A lot of people that follow the grand tours keenly are barely aware of the classics. Yet the classics are far more exciting racing in my opinion. I think G has more chance of winning Paris - Roubaix than wingins!
-
Agree with rob. The tours promise much but rarely deliver where as the Belgium classics are edge of your seat stuff.
-
Update: Policeman and former pro revealed as Flanders crash drivers
Read more at http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/policeman-and-former-pro-revealed-as-flanders-crash-drivers-165719#0xAcE8CR6OBvxBdZ.99
I find it hard to miss a one day classic including the Amstel Gold Race and Liège - Bastogne - Liège, a month of good sundays.
It's looking dry for Paris-Roubaix this weekend :-\