My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: ron b on April 02, 2015, 11:50:48 AM

Title: 25er's Ride 5th April
Post by: ron b on April 02, 2015, 11:50:48 AM
 Weather looks reasonable for this Sunday, not that a little breeze would stop a 25er. Route will be much the same as usual, perhaps we could even look for Easter eggs? Ride will be about 3 hours in total with a coffee stop.
Title: Re: 25er's Ride 5th April
Post by: Bledd on April 02, 2015, 06:10:36 PM
Hi, looking to join up with you on Sunday as a first timer, what route are you planning?
Thanks
Bleddyn
Title: Re: 25er's Ride 5th April
Post by: Jsaunders on April 02, 2015, 06:31:58 PM
Route is normally decided on the morning of the ride, I'm sure you will be fine we average 30-38 miles lately around 15mph. Nobody gets left behind u will be there too.
Title: Re: 25er's Ride 5th April
Post by: Jsaunders on April 02, 2015, 06:38:15 PM
Anyone out tomorrow.
Title: Re: 25er's Ride 5th April
Post by: Bledd on April 02, 2015, 06:44:53 PM
Sounds a bit out of my comfort zone, yet again I decided to cycle St Mary's hill today after a year of not cycling. Hopefully I'll be there but need to up my miles too
Title: Re: 25er's Ride 5th April
Post by: Jsaunders on April 02, 2015, 07:01:02 PM
I'm only just getting back after a long time with injuries along with a few others in sure you will be fine.
If you ride st marys hill you have nothing to worry about.you wont know unless you give it a go.
Title: Re: 25er's Ride 5th April
Post by: RoyH on April 02, 2015, 07:18:02 PM
I'm out tomorrow John,was thinking of doing the midweek route, what time you thinking of going and from where?
Title: Re: 25er's Ride 5th April
Post by: Tom on April 02, 2015, 07:20:26 PM
Bledd-you won't be left behind on the 25'ers ride,come along on Sunday and Ron who runs that ride will make sure what they do will be ok for you-I thought the speed would be a bit less as well
Title: Re: 25er's Ride 5th April
Post by: Jsaunders on April 02, 2015, 07:46:50 PM
Sounds good to me Roy I was going to do the midweek route, I'm up for anytime earlier the better what time shall we meet at the B&q roundabout.
Title: Re: 25er's Ride 5th April
Post by: RoyH on April 02, 2015, 08:31:47 PM
I can get there anytime 8-9?
Title: Re: 25er's Ride 5th April
Post by: Jsaunders on April 02, 2015, 08:39:45 PM
Shall we say 8:30am at B&q roundabout all Wellcome.
Title: Re: 25er's Ride 5th April
Post by: RoyH on April 02, 2015, 08:45:33 PM
See you there
Title: Re: 25er's Ride 5th April
Post by: ron b on April 02, 2015, 09:01:01 PM
Bleddyn, just turn up on Sunday, riding in a group is much easier, time flies by trying to avoid the potholes.
Title: Re: 25er's Ride 3 April
Post by: Jsaunders on April 03, 2015, 12:35:05 PM
Only myself and RoyH out this morning, we did the weekly route 37.7 miles average 14.16mph, weather was ok slight drizzle but soon stopped. We are both out tomorrow morning leaving physics at 08:30am all welcome.
Title: Re: 25er's Ride 5th April
Post by: Tom on April 03, 2015, 02:30:58 PM
Had to go and buy a new washing machine-did go out later and looked out for you!
I will be out tomorrow but a bit later so will keep an eye out for you again!
Title: Re: 25er's Ride 5th April
Post by: Paul L on April 04, 2015, 08:41:31 AM
Hi
If possible I would like to join your Sunday ride, but not sure which group suits my novice status?

What time will you be meeting up and I understand the meeting point is Brackla Triangle?

Paul
Title: Re: 25er's Ride 5th April
Post by: Teresa on April 04, 2015, 09:56:34 AM
Hi Paul

All the club runs (whichever one you decide on) start at Physiques, Brackla at 9am.

I guess the 25ers would be an ideal starting point for you at the moment.

Is the Velothon still your goal this year?
Title: Re: 25er's Ride 5th April
Post by: Paul L on April 04, 2015, 11:53:02 AM
Hello Teresa

Thanks for the reply, yes booked in for the Velothon and looking forward to it now,.

Tryng to get out every day now for at least a 25-30km ride weekdays and more on the weekends!
Title: Re: 25er's Ride 4th April
Post by: Jsaunders on April 04, 2015, 12:12:05 PM
Royh Clayton and myself out this morning, 37.3 miles for me ave 14.66mph.weather s bit windy on route did the weekly route backwards, thanks to Roy and Clayton for towing me around legs not used to two rides in a row,
Title: Re: 25er's Ride 5th April
Post by: ron b on April 04, 2015, 04:49:21 PM
Physiques is at the back of the Brackla Triangle shopping centre. 2nd right after the round about, just follow the cyclists, we leave at 9 on the dot.
Title: Re: 25er's Ride 5th April
Post by: Andrew foster on April 04, 2015, 07:54:59 PM
What kind of route you looking to do, I don't want to be out to late family dinner. But I really want to go for a ride.
Title: Re: 25er's Ride 5th April
Post by: Andrew foster on April 04, 2015, 07:56:27 PM
What kind of route you looking to do, I don't want to be out to late family dinner. But I really want to go for a ride.
Title: Re: 25er's Ride 5th April
Post by: nevillelee on April 04, 2015, 07:56:45 PM
Hi all, am away this week but back for next weeks ride. Hope its a good one for you n will be dowb the club on fri.
Title: Re: 25er's Ride 5th April
Post by: Jsaunders on April 04, 2015, 08:09:32 PM
I'm going to go out Andrew but need to get back early too.
Title: Re: 25er's Ride 5th April
Post by: Jsaunders on April 05, 2015, 12:37:49 PM
Excellent turn out this morning,35.8 miles average speed 15.13 mph max 31.8mph, Ron h, Ross, Clayton, Bleddyn, Paul L,Joe, myself not sure of other riders name I think it was Peter, Physics to corntown up the hill nice one Ron to St Athen. cafe velo then around the coast back.
Title: Re: 25er's Ride 5th April
Post by: Paul L on April 05, 2015, 01:02:09 PM
Really enjoyed today's ride guys, was at a nice pace too.

Thanks for the warm welcome and must say anybody looking for a relaxed club with friendly members should look at the Wheelers first 😄
Title: Re: Easter Monday 6th April ride
Post by: Jsaunders on April 05, 2015, 03:27:00 PM
Are you out tomorrow Royh, Ross my number is 07809869384
As it's a nice day tomorrow  thinking of a early start and to get in around 45-50miles in.
Title: Re: 25er's Ride 5th April
Post by: sianharris50 on April 05, 2015, 04:31:29 PM
Did I pass you going the other way this morning Ron on the coast road.
Title: Re: 25er's Ride 5th April
Post by: RoyH on April 05, 2015, 04:46:55 PM
I'm not out in the morning john, though I'm hoping to get out in the afternoon if I'm lucky.
Title: Re: 25er's Ride 5th April
Post by: ron b on April 05, 2015, 05:28:30 PM
Yes Sian you did pass us today, nearly missed us though, you were checking your makeup. when are you going to turn up for a Sunday outing? Nice turnout today and lovely weather, some of the newer riders are improving, so looks like a trip over the Bwlch soon
Title: Re: 25er's Ride 5th April
Post by: Bledd on April 05, 2015, 06:10:58 PM
Thoroughly enjoyed myself today as a first timer, and made welcome by all. Apologies for hoqlding you all up. Good route and lovely weather to go with it. I'll try and get more miles in so I catch up
Bleddyn
Title: Re: 25er's Ride 5th April
Post by: Tom on April 05, 2015, 06:13:07 PM
I'm certain they didn't have to wait as long for you as our group did for me over the Bwllch Bledd.Don't worry about keeping them waiting!
Title: Re: 25er's Ride 5th April
Post by: Jsaunders on April 05, 2015, 06:30:50 PM
No probs Royh see you next week.
Title: Re: 25er's Ride 5th April
Post by: Paul L on April 05, 2015, 07:15:39 PM
Hi John
What ride you thinking of doing tomorrow?

Might just be able to push some more miles out of the sparrows legs yet!
Title: Re: 25er's Ride 5th April
Post by: Jsaunders on April 05, 2015, 08:10:05 PM
Hi Paul L wife has made plans for tomorrow, cant complain I've road three days in a row I will be out next Sunday and looking at doing around 50miles,
Title: Re: 25er's Ride 5th April
Post by: Paul L on April 05, 2015, 08:14:46 PM
Thanks for the reply John.

Hopefully see you next Sunday and the weather is as good as it was today 🚵