My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Ben_North on March 30, 2015, 08:28:11 PM

Title: Pacers Easter Special Ride Sunday 5th
Post by: Ben_North on March 30, 2015, 08:28:11 PM
As Andy is away this weekend.  I hope nobody minds, but i have 2 suggestions for a big ride.  They are as follows https://www.strava.com/routes/2037642 (https://www.strava.com/routes/2037642) or https://www.strava.com/routes/2037644
 (https://www.strava.com/routes/2037644)
I was thinking about setting off at 8 from Physiques.

Let me know if you fancy coming along?
Title: Re: Pacers Easter Special Ride Sunday 5th
Post by: Wayne E on March 30, 2015, 09:12:46 PM
That's  definitely one for Harpo Ben......
Title: Re: Pacers Easter Special Ride Sunday 5th
Post by: harpo on March 30, 2015, 09:34:44 PM
That looks good, will be nice to fit in devils elbow ! Looking forward to it!
Title: Re: Pacers Easter Special Ride Sunday 5th
Post by: Jason T on March 31, 2015, 10:41:47 AM
Some of us did a similar ride last year which came back over the devils elbow;
https://www.strava.com/activities/132644443

The road from Upper Brynamman to Gwynfe is really good and the road from Pont-ar-llechau -> Twynllanan -> Trecastle looks brilliant if you have the weather.

Good Luck  :D
Title: Re: Pacers Easter Special Ride Sunday 5th
Post by: Ben_North on March 31, 2015, 11:29:40 AM
Thanks Jason,  not joining us?  Could do with a tow!!
Title: Re: Pacers Easter Special Ride Sunday 5th
Post by: Jason T on March 31, 2015, 11:58:44 AM
I was actually thinking of heading to Talybont-on-Usk and then Brecon or Llangynidr on Monday... depending on the weather.

Sunday = The Tour of Flanders  ;D
Title: Re: Pacers Easter Special Ride Sunday 5th
Post by: harpo on April 02, 2015, 06:03:24 PM
Anybody else joining? Weather really good, won't get many chances with our weather!! All the majorca miles will be wasted
Title: Re: Pacers Easter Special Ride Sunday 5th
Post by: Ben_North on April 02, 2015, 06:57:29 PM
I'm no longer able to make Sunday and have spoken to Harpo and he's going to join me on Saturday.  So physique at 8 Saturday morning
Title: Re: Pacers Easter Special Ride Sunday 5th
Post by: Jason T on April 03, 2015, 10:26:55 AM
What's your final route??
Title: Re: Pacers Easter Special Ride Sunday 5th
Post by: harpo on April 03, 2015, 01:56:21 PM
Haven't decided yet, able to accommodate any way
Title: Re: Pacers Easter Special Ride Sunday 5th
Post by: Jason T on April 03, 2015, 02:39:31 PM
Just wondering as I was thinking I could meet you somewhere depending on which route you take.
Title: Re: Pacers Easter Special Ride Sunday 5th
Post by: Ben_North on April 03, 2015, 04:15:27 PM
We'll be doing the first route, brecon to Sennybridge,  if you fancy joining us, let me know and we could meet you in talbot green at about 8.20?
Title: Re: Pacers Easter Special Ride Sunday 5th
Post by: Jason T on April 03, 2015, 05:09:19 PM
I've just popped it in Strava and I think I'll give it a miss sorry, don't think I'm up for that distance tomorrow now that I've looked at it as a complete route.

Hopefully Harpo will still have his Mallorca Climbing Legs.

Have a good ride.
Title: Re: Pacers Easter Special Ride Sunday 5th
Post by: Rob Jones on April 03, 2015, 06:35:51 PM
You don't want to be tired for the tour of Flanders Jason  ;)

Hope you get something like a light north westerly and you'll have a good ride guys. I'm tempted to join you but don't think it will go down well with the wifey