My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Mark Pope on March 28, 2015, 06:08:44 PM
-
It's an awful weather forecast for tomorrow with rain and very strong Easterly winds likely. Therefore, I propose we stay low and have the option to cut the ride short if it gets too bad. I suggest the following route:
Brackla- Coity - Bryncethin - Sarn - Fountain - Hafodheulog via the Lanes - A48 - Water Street - Kenfig -Porthcawl - Horrible Hill - Ewenny Cutting - Ogmore - St Brides - the Lanes to Llantwit - Ruthin - Pencoed - A473 back to Brackla.
It's around 50 miles with a coffee stop at Cafe Velo. The wet, bedraggled and dispirited have jumping off options at various points. However, as it is Belgian Classics season, perhaps we should do the whole ride in short sleeves and shorts to show solidarity!
See you tomorrow. Mark
-
I suspect getting up an hour earlier coupled with the forecast will sort the men from the boys tomorrow,and although I am now very old I'm still a boy.I'm hoping to get out later and will look in at Café Velo(if the forecast is wrong and not so bad I will either get to Triangle or ride around the other way to hopefully intercept)I rode down to Ogmore/Southerdown this morning and the wind was so strong it took me at least 10 mins longer than normal)(yes I know 1 hour rather than 50 mins)
-
Having studied several weather forecasts the best I can come up with is heavy(maybe light after 11am)rain with 30m/hr winds
Just like Mallorca then!
The legs(now working nicely-thanks Mr HL)are willing,but the spirit is weak
Apologies for failing Rule 5
-
I am all up for a poor weather ride, men from the boys indeed :) will we be leaving at the normal time?
-
Hi Joe,
Yes, it's a 9 am start. Don't forget the clocks are going forward tonight so it's an hour less sleep.
See you tomorrow.
-
I've just been out on the bike and the weather has lived down to expectations. The rain is lashing down (which is Ok) but the wind is extremely strong, gusting at over 40mph. Therefore I suggest that we cancel today's Amblers ride for safety reasons. I will be at Brackla at 0900 to let any brave or mad riders that turn up know.
Mark :( :(
-
Good call - I feel far safer on the turbo in the garage.
-
Wise decision Mark.I'm hoping to get out as usual on Tuesday morning if the weather improves and,again hopefully, on Friday
-
Very Sensible!