My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Mark Pope on March 07, 2015, 03:32:15 PM
-
Sadly today's fantastic weather is not forecast to last until tomorrow. It's due to be damp, with a fresh westerly wind and temps around 9 degrees, so not too bad. My proposed route is:
Coity - the Common - Heol-Y-Cyw - Pencoed - Brynna - Talbot Green - Miskin - Hensol - Pendoylan - Gwern-Y-Steeple - Bonvilston - Aubrey Arms - Crosstown - Llancadle - St Athan - Around the Camp - Llantwit Major - the Lanes - St Brides - Southerndown - Ogmore - Ewenny - Brackla. There's a cheeky wee hill after Gwern-Y-Steeple but other than that it's a flat (ish) canter around the Vale.
It's around 50 miles, with a potential coffee stop at Cafe Velo. See you all at 0900.
Mark
-
Five hardy souls braved today's Amble around the Vale. The forecast was spot on as it was grey, windy, cold and very wet. We cut the ride slightly short , missing out Southerndown and Ogmore so we ended up only riding around 43 miles, although at a reasonable lick. Thanks to Jason Turvey and Toestrap Steve who did some sterling turns on the front. Out today were:
Jason
Steve
Terry A
Andy Samuels
Mark P
Mark
-
Sorry Mark missed you by a few mins this morning. Rode down to Brynna to catch you .missed you again so i strolled around the vale.
-
I checked Strava and you were too quick Wayne, I think that if you were two minutes slower then you would have met up with us;
http://labs.strava.com/flyby/viewer/#264807156,2SvJDw==
-
It's a pity we didn't catch up with you Wayne, it must have been tough riding in those conditions on your own (even for a Rhondda Valley boy). See you in a couple of weeks post Majorca. ;D
Mark
-
Afan Valley?
-
Llynfi!! ;)
-
Cregan?
-
I stand corrected, Afan Valley. Then again what would I know I'm a townie from Newport :o.
Mark
-
Its the llynfi valley, afan is the port Talbot side
-
Only just seen the Post. You are both right, born Afan Valley, then moved to Llynfi Valley. I waited for the Amblers at the top of the hill just passed Rockwool . Should have waited longer but it was wet and cold. All of the Lads going away next Sunday have a great time.
-
I'll be around next Sunday for a few miles Wayne.
-
See you Sunday Richard .
-
I'll be out Sunday, fancy this?
https://connect.garmin.com/course/8255557
-
Can you ellaborate on the ride Andy can't see the details on my phone. Looks like a bit of climbing on first half.
-
Out via Bryn and Cimla (back way) then Neath, Seven Sisters back down Vale of Neath and home along the flat, Via Port Talbot
-
I'm good with that. Rode a very similar route a couple of weeks back.
-
Wayne/Andy/Richard
If you are talking about Sun 15 March 2015 then I would like to join you. What time do you plan to leave Physiques - 09:00 or 09:30?
Roy2.
-
9:00 see you in the morning
-
Andy
Thanks. See you at 09:00.
Roy2.