My Community

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Steven on March 01, 2015, 02:05:54 PM

Title: Great win from Ian Stannard
Post by: Steven on March 01, 2015, 02:05:54 PM

A textbook lesson in how to win from a group of 4 when the other 3 all ride for the same team - Brilliant !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQRSisiaC9A
Title: Re: Great win from Ian Stannard
Post by: Rob Jones on March 01, 2015, 02:22:57 PM
I know I'm only 2nd claim now, but there should be a rule about spoilers like that....grrr...hang on a minute this is live...Ah yesterday, let you off Steven!  :)
Title: Re: Great win from Ian Stannard
Post by: Davey C on March 03, 2015, 07:45:23 AM
Yeah what a race!!
Title: Re: Great win from Ian Stannard
Post by: Rob Jones on March 03, 2015, 09:45:30 AM
I was watching the one that cav won when I read Stevens message. That was a great race too.
Title: Re: Great win from Ian Stannard
Post by: Davey C on March 03, 2015, 09:59:58 PM
Dunno KBK was all wrong, exciting at the start then a boring bunch sprint at the end.
Title: Re: Great win from Ian Stannard
Post by: Rob Jones on March 03, 2015, 10:44:28 PM
I enjoyed it. Late Gilbert effort and don't mind seeing a sprint finish in a classic. Stannard win was brilliant but for me little to do with tactics, he was just much stronger than the 3 teammates. To close down and then immediately after successfully attack I wouldn't have thought possible at that level!
Title: Re: Great win from Ian Stannard
Post by: Davey C on March 04, 2015, 08:07:26 AM
He did benefit from the bad tactics of Quick Step
Title: Re: Great win from Ian Stannard
Post by: Rob Jones on March 04, 2015, 09:29:56 AM
True, they did mess up. Perhaps they should of attacked in order of their weakest rider first, and maybe more frequent attacks starting a bit earlier. I didn't see the race proper though, so not that aware of the time gaps and quality of those chasing behind.