My Community
General Category => Coaching & Training => Topic started by: Andy H on February 25, 2015, 10:39:14 AM
-
An interesting link from Training Peaks.
http://home.trainingpeaks.com/blog/article/yoga-for-the-endurance-athlete
While I'm not suggesting we all need to join a yoga class, I think it reminds us that we could all do with increased flexibility and strength exercises off the bike. This is especially true as we get older, where its even more important to keep up the intensity of sessions and to add in strength work.
(And we do have our fair share of veterans!)
-
Funnily enough I quite fancy trying Yoga-to the extent that I've been looking up classes in this area!
-
I picked this up about two weeks ago;
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yoga-Cyclists-Lexie-Williamson/dp/1408190478
Cheapest I found was Wordery but their site is down, I think it was about £8.
Seems like a decent book so far, I've not tried too many as I've been off the bike for a week but it's looking like a worthwhile purchase for £8 odd.
-
I've been going to Monday night Yoga classes in Treoes. Good at getting rid of post Sunday stiffness..
-
I do no other exercise but cycling (and a bit of walking). I feel that with limited time I need to spend every opportunity on the bike. I used to swim and run and play football, and was arguably a better cyclist at the time...though that could have been age. I don't really get yoga...probably cos it doesn't involve trying to go faster or score a goal. But I do suffer from mild back problems and find it difficult to relax, so its probably something I should be doing.
-
Check out yoga dave on you tube.
Selection of lower back and shoulder and neck tutorials which you can do from your living room.
30mins to 1hr.
You'll soon realise how inflexible you are, or I am anyway.