My Community
General Category => Time Trials => Topic started by: Teresa on February 19, 2015, 05:17:41 PM
-
Hi all
First call for volunteers.
Thank you to the members who have already put themselves forward.
Headquarters - Hirwaun Community Centre (Tim)
Catering - Allan, Mary and Lindy
Results board and presentation – Steven Madeley
Time keepers – Norman James and Robin Field (with provision for another)
Now in search of people who can commit to the other main ‘jobs’
Signing the course
Marshalling (the more the merrier)
Signing on and numbers at the HQ
Pushers (a few, as there is provision for 240 riders)
There is always something else to do, so if you can be at the HQ to assist with riders’ questions or be able to cover, that would also be appreciated. If you are unsure of what is required, there are plenty of experienced members who can point you in the right direction and answer questions.
Ogmore Valley Wheelers always puts on a fantastic, well supported event, so this year should be no different. The more people who can volunteer and commit to the date, the better, and you will stop the Event Secretary having kittens at the last minute ;)
15. Club and Open Events
......................"To ensure the safe running of OVW Open events, the Event Secretary will reserve the right to withdraw any OVW rider to provide extra marshalling cover. In these instances, the club will reimburse the withdrawn rider/riders with their entry fees.
Not withstanding any CTT or BC regulations, the event secretary’s decision on all matters appertaining to the event will be final."
-
Available, signing on or pusher off as required
-
Happy to marshal
-
Happy to help - don't mind what task.
Terry
-
Happy to be the finish timekeeper's assistant for number spotting and phoning results back to the HQ.
-
Thanks for the support so far, please keep it coming.
A mini meeting (or two) will be arranged nearer the date to discuss the event.
-
I will sign the two bottom r/bouts, and stay there to marshal, I will need two to help me please, plus someone to look after Resolven round about. Do we have access to our lock up to get all the equipment?
-
Thanks, Ron
Tim is your man for the lock up saga. All is in hand :)
-
I'm planning on riding; obviously if you need more helpers I won't.
-
As we now have quite a few!!! members, would it be possible for some Oggies to ride the event without having to help out. So please put your name down to help out.
-
I'm planning on riding; obviously if you need more helpers I won't.
Thanks Chris, very much appreciated
I am hopeful that, with the amount of members we have on the books, support for the event should be sufficient for you to ride. Keep your fingers crossed. ;)
15. Club and Open Events
......................"To ensure the safe running of OVW Open events, the Event Secretary will reserve the right to withdraw any OVW rider to provide extra marshalling cover. In these instances, the club will reimburse the withdrawn rider/riders with their entry fees.
Not withstanding any CTT or BC regulations, the event secretary’s decision on all matters appertaining to the event will be final."
-
Hi Teresa,
I would love to race but I understand that the event/club comes first.
Happy to help out in whatever capacity !!!
Kind regards,
Mark.
-
This event is fast approaching, can we have more helpers please. Would be nice to see some Oggies in this event. Thanks
-
Thank you, Mark
-
Sorry I'm in stdavids that weekend for tour of pembs
-
I'm in St David's too that weekend Teresa and I think a few others are also entered in the Tour of Pembrokeshire that weekend.
-
Carl Roach mini meeting - Friday 27th March 8pm - Club House
Please make every effort to attend, especially if you have volunteered for a 'job' on the day.
We still need a lot more people to come forward to help the club to run this event.
These events take a lot of forward planning, so please let me know as soon as you can if you can help out on the day.
We have already received entries from as far afield as Lancs, Bucks, Surrey and even Guernsey, so let's give these riders a great event.
Thank you
-
25er's will sort out the bottom 2 roundabouts, Roy H, Ross, Ron and hopefully a few more. We will put up the signs and marshal both roundabouts.
-
Very grateful, Ron. And thanks to RoyH and Ross.
-
I should be about and happy to marshal the McDonalds roundabout again, I don't think that I could get that job wrong.
-
Thanks, Jason, very much appreciated.
Would anyone like to volunteer for pushing off? Minimum of two: To share the pushing off duties as well as being the OVW rep for the start line.
-
Richard the Butcher will do some of the pushing off...
-
Don't mind what I do; will help pushing off if needed.
-
Two pushers sorted, thank you gents.
Still need quite a few more marshals, please
-
Sorry Teresa, i'll be unable to help, I'm doing the tour of Pembrokeshire that day.
-
Ben, you'll have missed the ToP if you wait until the Sunday!! ;D
-
Hi Teresa
Put my name down to go with Ron he's going to show me the ropes
-
Just a little reminder for the 'mini-meeting' this Friday (27th March) at 8pm at the club house
So far I have:
Terry - Pusher
Richard R - Pusher
Ron - Signing and marshalling - lower course
Roy H - As above
Ross S - As above
Andy - Signing and marshalling - upper course
Jason - As above
Norman - Finish timekeeper
Stephen L - Recorder/spotter
Allan, Mary, Lindy, Lynne - Catering
Steven M - Results board and presentation
Andrew W - Marshal
Teresa D - Headless chicken ;)
If I have missed you off the list, please let me know.
We need more people to step forward to assist with the marshalling. With the potential for 240 riders, that is a long time to be out there marshalling. These lovely volunteers will need to be relieved at some point.
See you on Friday
-
We could do with another 25er on the turn, just add your name to the list please! It's also a good place to watch the race.
-
Hi Theresa,
I can't make the meeting tonight but I'm now free to help out with the Carl Roach TT. I'm happy to do anything.
Mark
-
Brilliant, thanks Mark
Another one for my list
-
Hi Teresa, ditto Mark's comment for me also. Cheers, Jonathan.
-
Thank you, Jonathan
Thanks to all who came along to the 'mini meeting' and those who added their names on my list. I hope you found it useful.
I will be emailing all the marshals with various info soon. You will need to keep in touch with each other to confirm signage and marshalling positions on the course. Andy and Ron will be able to help you.
Feeling confident that this will be a great event. Just need to sort out the weather and any sudden roadworks which may spring up ::)
-
Andrew Foster has agreed to join the "Turn gang"
-
Hi Ron,
Put me down for the turn gang. I have signs and a jacket from last year I'll bring these along also. Just let me know what time you need me there from?
-
Thanks Paul, glad you can make it.
I will be sending out an email later today to all the people who have very kindly volunteered to marshal this event.
There is still time to step forward and help out. The more, the merrier
-
Update meeting / safety briefing next Friday (24th April)
Preparations are going very well, and the combined effort from members is working brilliantly. Please keep in touch with each other.
Thank you so much to everyone on the list so far.
The start sheet is almost ready to be published. First rider will start at 8.31am and last rider will start at 11am
The HQ (Hirwaun Village Hall) will be open from 7am.
Tim is putting OVW flags out at HQ and Start
HQ signing on
Ceri Burridge, Claire Hiett, Lynne James
Pushing off
Terry Anthony
Richard Roberts
Mark Nott
Start Marshal
Tim Raine
Start Timekeeper
Robin Field (Cardiff Byways)
Upper course
Andy Harries is Lead Marshal for upper course and will sign Hirwaun and McDonalds roundabouts with help from the pool of marshals.
Lower course
Ron Boast is Lead Marshal for the lower course and will sign TRW roundabout and the turn, also with help from the pool of marshals.
Marshals
Roy Holdham, Ross Sheehan, Jeff Edwards, Paul Longthorn, Mark Pope, Neil Poulton, Jonathan Spink, Jason Turvey, Andrew Williams
Finish Timekeepers and recorder
Norman James, Tudor Thomas (Bynea), Stephen Landeg
Catering
Allan, Mary, Lindy
Results Board/Presentation
Steven Madeley
This list may look comprehensive, but more help on the day would be very welcome. Please let me know as soon as possible, if you can help.
Thank you
See you on Friday
-
Teresa
I am pulling out of The Pembroke(still got dodgy knees from Mallorca!!),and shall be keen to help out.
I had thought that 100miles down there would have wrecked me for the Sunday.
So,up for anything now!
-
Consider yourself officially adopted to help marshal the top section of the course.
You may want to bring a garden chair otherwise you'll be on your feet for a couple of hours, which won't help with 'mallorca knee'. Which I'm led to believe is far more serious than 'housemaid's knee'!! :D
-
Sorry to hear you have had to pull out of Pembs, but very happy that you have put yourself forward to help at the Carl Roach.
I can see you have already been snapped up by Andy H
Thanks
-
Start sheet attached.
There will be a meeting on Friday re the Carl Roach to finalise details for the day of the event.
I will send an email to members soon.
[attachment deleted by admin]
-
Email has gone out to volunteers.
If you still want to help out, please turn up at the club tomorrow at 8pm. Or drop me a note.
See you tomorrow :)
-
Could some kind person print out a few 25tt start lists, nice to see who's who. Will be at HQ tonight
-
Great to see lots of people at the meeting last night - thanks
Looking forward to a successful event.
See you all bright and early tomorrow morning 8)
-
Marshalls for the Aberdulais turn will be there at 8, Paul will sign the main turn with Roy plus Neil B, Ross and Ron will do Resolven. We will arrange marshalling duties on site.
-
Hi Teresa
Very sorry about late contact - I did tell Andy H a couple of weeks back I could help on the day.
If you have his number I'll call him and join his merry band of marshals.
Cheers
Toestrap Steve
-
Hi Steve
If you just turn up at HQ in Hirwaun Village Hall 7.30is we'll sort out duties on the day!
Andy
-
Never too late, Steve.
Thanks for the offer of help.
I can see Andy has already replied to your message.