My Community
General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Paul L on February 15, 2015, 10:22:32 AM
-
Hello
Thought I better introduce myself before joining in on posts.
Name- Paul L
Age- 49
Experience on a bike- Novice.
Live in Llantwit Major.
Got the bug and training now for the Velathon Wales, all my rides so far have been on my own but looking to join a social club to meet others and hopefully start riding in a group & longer distances.
Paul L
-
what's your surname Paul?
-
Hi Paul
What sort of distance and speed are you riding at, on your solo rides. You will probably find that riding in a group will allow you to go a little bit further and quicker. It is certainly a more social way to enjoy your cycling.
If you come along to club on a Friday night there will be members there who can help you decide which Sunday group would be the best for you.
There are also social rides during the mid-week which I am sure would welcome you along
Andy H
-
Paul
I have sent you an email with general info for you. I am sure the club has plenty to offer which will meet your needs.
Teresa
OVW – Secretary
-
Thanks for the welcome guys and the e-mail Teresa, hoping to come along to a club night soon.
My average distance this year is 25-35 km on a ride, with an average speed of 25-26 Km/h (15mph), these are what Strava says I am achieving ???
Mostly just cuircuits around the Vale, Ogmore and Rhoose way, last year I did longer rides, but the dreaded 'Man Flue' with a chest infection got hold of me over Christmas so only now back out riding!
-
Paul
See you in club
Tim Raine
Social Secretary. Track Secretary and Cyclo Cross Secretary