My Community

General Category => Chain Gang => Topic started by: Steven on February 10, 2015, 06:50:11 AM

Title: Winter chaingang #20- 10th Feb
Post by: Steven on February 10, 2015, 06:50:11 AM

See if you can shake off  RR1 !  7pm.

I'm working late but you know the routine...
Title: Re: Winter chaingang #20- 10th Feb
Post by: Rosssheehan on February 10, 2015, 09:18:33 AM
Hi steven

Would it be ok if I come down and had a go. Where do you meet and would I be able to do the session.

Thanks
Ross
Title: Re: Winter chaingang #20- 10th Feb
Post by: Janerees on February 10, 2015, 10:10:22 AM
Hi guys,

I would love to make it tonight, but my husband is at the football, so I won't be able to.  I have been cycling the circuit on the industrial estate though - trying to add further laps!  Also been training on a turbo to get the miles in - desperately trying to get to the point when I can join a 25 mile ride on a Sunday!

See you soon!

Jane
Title: Re: Winter chaingang #20- 10th Feb
Post by: Davey C on February 10, 2015, 10:26:11 AM
Hi steven

Would it be ok if I come down and had a go. Where do you meet and would I be able to do the session.

Thanks
Ross

I'm sure Steven would say yes! Bridgend industrial estate top car park
Title: Re: Winter chaingang #20- 10th Feb
Post by: Rosssheehan on February 10, 2015, 12:32:56 PM
The one by screw fix in the middle of the two roads is it.
Title: Re: Winter chaingang #20- 10th Feb
Post by: xrayspecs on February 10, 2015, 01:09:06 PM
Opposite ?Biomet at the Tesco / police station end of the estate.
Title: Re: Winter chaingang #20- 10th Feb
Post by: Andy H on February 10, 2015, 01:59:32 PM
It's the car park opposite Biotec, as Chris says Tesco end of ind. estate

Ross, sometimes the chain gang pace can be a bit furious, depending on who's out and whether there one or two groups. Hang in as long as you can and keep your turn on the front short. Don't be disheartened if the pace is too fast and don't worry if you get dropped, its happened to a lot of us!

Andy
Title: Re: Winter chaingang #20- 10th Feb
Post by: xrayspecs on February 10, 2015, 04:10:48 PM
I would second that; keep your turn on the front to virtually nothing and just peel off; there is more angst caused by people spending too long on the front and dying slowly than too short turns (one shouty summer chaingang last year or the year before excluded from that). It takes a slight acceleration to rejoin at the back (at least for me it does) and if you ride to oblivion at the front you will have nothing left for that effort.
If you get dropped take a shortcut and join on again and don't give up it takes a few weeks to get used to the rhythm / pace.
Title: Re: Winter chaingang #20- 10th Feb
Post by: marknott on February 10, 2015, 11:06:49 PM
Good conditions, cold but dry and little wind !!!

6 out tonight...Mark Rosser,Mark Ellis,John Edwards, Harpo,Ross Sheehan and me.

Ross`s first time out....he managed the first lap and experienced a turn on the front and then continued 6 more solo laps....great effort Ross,keep at it you'll get faster for sure.

Harpo was feeling the lead weights in his legs from Sundays RR1 and to be honest so was I.

Smooth ride tonight gents.....thanks !!!