My Community

General Category => Chain Gang => Topic started by: Steven on February 03, 2015, 12:07:54 PM

Title: Winter chaingang #19
Post by: Steven on February 03, 2015, 12:07:54 PM

A rare opportunity to wear the uber- warm OVW winter jacket...
Title: Re: Winter chaingang #19
Post by: Janerees on February 03, 2015, 12:58:34 PM
Hi,

Is there a chaingang session tonight?  I'd like to come along, although I won't be able to keep up with any of you!  Where do you meet and what time?

Thanks v much,
Jane
Title: Re: Winter chaingang #19
Post by: Steven on February 03, 2015, 03:39:00 PM

Hi Jane,

We meet in the car park between the two carriageways at the Police Station end of the Industrial Estate.  1855 is the safety briefing and roll out at 1900.  We do 8 laps in approx. 55 mins so I would suggest you see how many laps you can do and we will shout encouragement when we overtake you !
Title: Re: Winter chaingang #19
Post by: Janerees on February 03, 2015, 04:22:51 PM
Ha ha!  that's brilliant, thank you so much.  See you later!

Jane
Title: Re: Winter chaingang #19
Post by: Teresa on February 03, 2015, 06:22:12 PM
Have a great time, Jane
You will be an expert with the cleats by the end of the session  ;)
Title: Re: Winter chaingang #19
Post by: Steven on February 03, 2015, 08:38:45 PM

5 out tonight.  Ideal conditions despite the temperature of -2 degrees. Still as warm as toast with one thin base layer and the OVW winter jacket.

Big it up for Jane - if you can hack it tonight then it will get a lot easier !
Title: Re: Winter chaingang #19
Post by: Janerees on February 03, 2015, 09:24:11 PM
Thanks Steve.  I really enjoyed it tonight and was so pleased that I didn't fall!!  I was determined to stay on the bike until 8pm, even if I was just trundling around the car park. I am determined to add at least 1 more lap next week!! Thanks for your support.
Title: Re: Winter chaingang #19
Post by: Andy H on February 03, 2015, 09:34:43 PM
Well done, Jane.

But it doesn't get easier, you just go faster!  ;D
Title: Re: Winter chaingang #19
Post by: Janerees on February 03, 2015, 09:55:19 PM
Ha ha, thanks!!