My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Andy H on January 22, 2015, 08:55:15 AM
-
I'll like to test ride the amended RR1 course.
50 miles around the Vale, ending at Hannah's Diner for coffee.
Make your own way home from there
-
It would be true to say that the new RR1 course did get a good testing this morning. The new route through Corntown to Wick was brutal ( especially on lap 2). Special mentions;
Jason ( The Terminator) Turvey for some punishing sessions early on.
Mark ( The Machine ) Rosser for riding off the front and then chasing back to get Coke from the Petrol Station.
Wayne ( The Hero ) Evans for riding pretty much the whole ride solo after finding himself in the no-man's land between the Pacers and Amblers groups.
The full Welsh breakfast afterwards was amazing, but it did impair my ability to ride above 15mph on the way back from the cafe...
-
oh that's why I didn't see anyone after the first lap-I thought the 2 laps were different-round the coast first time then Corntown to Llandow and back to Cowbridge-in fact it was so wet I didn't bother going up to the café!
-
That was harder than any game of rugby I've played :'(
-
Glad I missed the 'split' on the hill out of Corntown!
Helped the Amblers keep up a good pace to get around in 3 hours.
-
Thanks Andy, you did a big turn for us on the front today.
-
Did the two late riders manage to catch or join the Pacers Ambler groups. Ben and Andy.
-
I think they were just behind the Amblers when I saw then.Wayne was half way between the 2 groups and the first group were a few minutes(no more)up at that stage(approaching Pontyclun).In a perverse sort of way I did it solo but backwards!
-
Riding backwards, that's what too much coffee drinking does for you, should you swop your lights around.