My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Rob Jones on September 21, 2013, 08:53:11 AM

Title: Sunday 22nd club runs
Post by: Rob Jones on September 21, 2013, 08:53:11 AM
What's happening? Looks like best chance of getting a ray of sunshine is by heading north east...
Title: Re: Sunday 22nd club runs
Post by: xrayspecs on September 21, 2013, 06:12:13 PM
You may wish to note its the triple HC tommorrow, which I had entered but now withdrawn as I have a bad cold. I don't get it, why wait till now? Not like I'd done any training for it. :(
So I won't be out but you might want to take in the sights, Mark Rosser is doing it.
Title: Re: Sunday 22nd club runs
Post by: Rob Jones on September 21, 2013, 06:49:56 PM
Triple H/C is a great event but slightly flawed for me by too much waiting around between climbs. The year I won it was a highly unusual scorcher of a day, so waiting around was a pleasure and keeping the muscles warm was easy. Absolutely not an event to do with a cold as it takes your HR up to the max 3 times...not something to do when you have a virus! Good luck Mark
Title: Re: Sunday 22nd club runs
Post by: Andy H on September 21, 2013, 07:38:04 PM
How about this from few weeks ago,

http://connect.garmin.com/course/4024977

Actually went different route off Pantybrad to a killer climb up to Penycoedcau and we missed out the Pontypridd Golf Club climb, going around to Ystrad Mynach instead!
Title: Re: Sunday 22nd club runs
Post by: Rob Jones on September 21, 2013, 07:58:22 PM
Sounds good Andy. I'll sharpen my tyres now in the hope of getting some traction on the ponty golf club climb!
Title: Re: Sunday 22nd club runs
Post by: Rob Jones on September 21, 2013, 08:17:44 PM
Hoping Chris G will be joining us (complete with cold) on the basis that the cold will move on when its ready too...
Title: Re: Sunday 22nd club runs
Post by: christie on September 22, 2013, 06:20:43 PM
That hill destroyed me and I've never been so close to getting off the bike before as I did today.

Well done to you guy's and I'm sorry I couldn't live with you today. After we split I passed a few runners who seemed to be suffering far more than me, which then reminded me of 'RULE 5' so I ended up doing the route attached, even if it was a bit slower than normal.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/379657307
Title: Re: Sunday 22nd club runs
Post by: Andy H on September 22, 2013, 06:53:51 PM
You obviously recovered well as you did 20 miles more than me and not much slower!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/379504915

Assume HTFU for rule 5  ;D
Title: Re: Sunday 22nd club runs
Post by: Rob Jones on September 22, 2013, 07:37:42 PM
Enjoyed today. Thanks Andy, Allan and Keith. Really suffered this afternoon for pushing too hard up the bwlch!
Title: Re: Sunday 22nd club runs
Post by: wardhaugh on September 22, 2013, 09:55:16 PM
Good ride today. Didn't look like you were suffering when you sprinted up the hill by Heol-yCwy common Rob. Keith - I reckon you just went a bit too fast early on on he climb - you were certainly looking comfortable up Llantrisant Forest before it.

Andy H on fire at the moment  - that ironman training paying off.

My legs have been suffering this afternoon though. Time for a recovery beer with Match of.The Day