My Community

General Category => Coaching & Training => Topic started by: Rob Jones on December 26, 2014, 01:28:36 PM

Title: How many miles/ hours did you cycle in 2014?
Post by: Rob Jones on December 26, 2014, 01:28:36 PM
Once you've finished for the year...

Wouldn't mind betting the person that rode THE MOST was either "studying" or retired for most of the year!
Title: Re: How many miles/ hours did you cycle in 2014?
Post by: Steven on December 26, 2014, 03:43:32 PM
Mine will include Turbo time. The rate is 1 hour to 14 miles and fractions thereof....
Title: Re: How many miles/ hours did you cycle in 2014?
Post by: Steven on December 30, 2014, 07:50:47 PM

I won't be out tomorrow so;

5403 miles  (includes 303 on the turbo at the 14mph rate!)

Top of the leaderboard of one! 

Please post here and as you do so, add to the leaderboard so I can see how far I drop !
Title: Re: How many miles/ hours did you cycle in 2014?
Post by: Rob Jones on December 30, 2014, 08:51:52 PM
Me neither so - and straight from Strava (Training Calendar):

Year 2014
442 hours
8,150 miles

2013 was 396 hours and 7,250 miles

So if nothing else I am getting better at neglecting my family and work responsibilities   ;)

Title: Re: How many miles/ hours did you cycle in 2014?
Post by: Neil Bartlett on December 30, 2014, 11:01:49 PM
You are holding steady Steven, my total for 2014 was 5059 miles!
Title: Re: How many miles/ hours did you cycle in 2014?
Post by: Jason T on December 31, 2014, 07:48:43 AM
I had an email from Strava telling me about My Story:
http://2014story.strava.com/video/394024
Title: Re: How many miles/ hours did you cycle in 2014?
Post by: Steven on December 31, 2014, 08:23:46 AM
That's interesting - we will need to find some bigger climbs for you in 2015!
Title: Re: How many miles/ hours did you cycle in 2014?
Post by: Jason T on December 31, 2014, 08:32:00 AM
I don't think that there is much that can beat that in our area, I'll just have to get my climbing legs on ready for Mallorca.
Title: Re: How many miles/ hours did you cycle in 2014?
Post by: Terry A on December 31, 2014, 02:30:09 PM
Totals for 2014  - 9181 miles; 542,277 feet; 540 hours.

Not sure if rollers miles are included - think so but it's not many anyway.

I've had a lousy December (only 12 rides with some quite short and missed all my Strava challenges) and had 3 separate bouts of cold with the current being a damn fine chest infection as well. I think I need to reconsider how much cycling I'm doing as it seems to be taking it's toll. I remember reading Rob's post about how much gets taken out of you when cycling extensively during the winter months and I think I have that t-shirt. Oh, and as Tina keeps reminding me .... I'm no youngster any more.

Anyway, roll on 2015 !!!
Title: Re: How many miles/ hours did you cycle in 2014?
Post by: wardhaugh on December 31, 2014, 02:55:43 PM
7810 miles
142 230 metres climbed
458 hours - nearly all of them happy  :)

I'd have taken that at the start of the year - I passed my 2013 total in first week of November, and my target (12 000km) on 1st December. Lowest mileage in December as usual.

Need to decide on targets for next year now.  :-\

Title: Re: How many miles/ hours did you cycle in 2014?
Post by: Andy H on December 31, 2014, 03:11:14 PM
Bike  332 hours 34 mins
Run  100 hours  06 mins
Swim 65 hours  58 mins

Too many sessions where mileage not recorded and basically work to time rather than distance most of the time!
Title: Re: How many miles/ hours did you cycle in 2014?
Post by: Bow on December 31, 2014, 04:00:34 PM
Bike 8,439 miles
Turbo 704 miles

November & December more days off bike and pottering around new lanes.
Title: Re: How many miles/ hours did you cycle in 2014?
Post by: Chris Reed on December 31, 2014, 05:20:45 PM
6311miles for me.
Title: Re: How many miles/ hours did you cycle in 2014?
Post by: Rob Jones on December 31, 2014, 07:29:58 PM
Terry looking good for the 2014 mileage title so far then, though I can think of a couple of beech boys that may have gone further...the young one in particular!
Title: Re: How many miles/ hours did you cycle in 2014?
Post by: Shawn on December 31, 2014, 07:39:15 PM
I always underestimate but around about 3375 miles for me. More than last year but still considerably lazy compared to most of you.
If I was to take it a bit more seriously might actually be alright at this cycling lark.

Title: Re: How many miles/ hours did you cycle in 2014?
Post by: Steve Chapman on December 31, 2014, 08:37:46 PM
3,575 Spring and Summer miles for me ( and a few Autumn )  8) nearly 1,500 miles more for me than last year, so happy with that!
Title: Re: How many miles/ hours did you cycle in 2014?
Post by: Terry A on December 31, 2014, 10:32:48 PM
Rob, you are right- I remember seeing on Strava quite a few weeks ago that Joe had passed 10,000 miles.
Title: Re: How many miles/ hours did you cycle in 2014?
Post by: Tom on December 31, 2014, 11:02:06 PM
I believe the formula to find the victor ludorum is miles cycledxAge-you're pretty safe Terry
Title: Re: How many miles/ hours did you cycle in 2014?
Post by: Steven on January 01, 2015, 11:40:55 AM

I'm putting a claim in for the 2015 leader board.  34 miles by 1100.   It was an extended commute and I met ex Oggies Dai Short and Neil Downes en route !
Title: Re: How many miles/ hours did you cycle in 2014?
Post by: xrayspecs on January 01, 2015, 05:43:51 PM
7321.5 miles cycling (a fair bit of turbo time in that). 426 hours.
Includes some running about 120 miles.
Don't rule out Mark Ellis who passed the 10000 miles point some time ago...
Title: Re: How many miles/ hours did you cycle in 2014?
Post by: Andrew S on January 01, 2015, 06:00:32 PM
Only 230 hours for me (less than 4 and a half a week). Almost half on the turbo I suspect but I'd calculate the equivalent of somewhere between 3,500 and 4000 miles.
Title: Re: How many miles/ hours did you cycle in 2014?
Post by: wardhaugh on January 01, 2015, 08:06:52 PM
Praemium speciale to Tom for best use of Latin on the message board. Venit, vidit, eruditus
Title: Re: How many miles/ hours did you cycle in 2014?
Post by: harpo on January 01, 2015, 10:12:39 PM
Mines 4210, didn't get Garmin till late feb, enjoying every minute!
Title: Re: How many miles/ hours did you cycle in 2014?
Post by: mark ellis on January 06, 2015, 10:50:41 PM
11,177 miles (plus about 95 lost on the Garmin :'(  )
654 hours
Title: Re: How many miles/ hours did you cycle in 2014?
Post by: Rob Jones on January 07, 2015, 08:39:15 AM
Come forth Beech Junior...
Title: Re: How many miles/ hours did you cycle in 2014?
Post by: Tom on January 09, 2015, 03:31:50 PM
On behalf of people too modest/bored with this to post
Carrie 6150 miles
Joe
About 19,500 k(just under Mark E I think)plus 3000+k running
Title: Re: How many miles/ hours did you cycle in 2014?
Post by: Wayne E on January 14, 2015, 08:51:16 PM
My total for 2014 is  5,229 miles . 330 hours .