My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Andy H on December 25, 2014, 05:43:13 PM
-
Suggestion:- http://www.strava.com/routes/1257397
Reality:- http://www.someecards.com/usercards/viewcard/MjAxMi0xNmIzYzhiOTJlMTUzOGYz
Hopefully will recover by Sunday
-
Still feeling absolutely lousy, so making an early decision and won't be out tomorrow.
Enjoy the sunshine but wrap up warm!
-
Where's the coffee stop? Machen seems too soon... Cafe Velo?
-
At the risk of replying to my own question - it may be better to go via the Vale first, to get more miles in and stay closer to the coast until the temperature rises...
-
Cafe in machen not open this winter, was thinking Caerphilly or Tongwynlais. Although not sure if Tongwynlais will be open, had intended going up there today to check but haven't made it off the sofa!
-
At the risk of replying to my own question - it may be better to go via the Vale first, to get more miles in and stay closer to the coast until the temperature rises...
I can't make it tomoz (visiting family) but very sensible suggestion Steven... Don't take any risks with the lanes, especially hilly ones if there's any chance of sub zero temps as there is plenty of water around to form ice. Have a good one!
-
Mark R, Harpo, Neil 'the beast' Bartlett and yours truly. We started with the Amblers round Ogmore and the pressed on to the airport, Barry, St Fagans and Radyr, where my gears failed. We adjusted them so I could get 5th and 15th gear and pressed on to Caerphilly via Nantgarw.
Costa's and then back via Hawthorn and Pontypridd. We needed to keep the speed above 20mph to maintain my cadence! 65 miles.
-
I see I managed a 6th on Strava. That's the first top 10 I have got whilst stopping for a latte mid -section !
-
We all managed to share that with you ;D