My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: harpo on December 23, 2014, 07:31:03 AM

Title: Xmas eve ride
Post by: harpo on December 23, 2014, 07:31:03 AM

Weather looking good tomorrow! Anybody out for a ride ?
Title: Re: Xmas eve ride
Post by: Jason T on December 23, 2014, 08:39:46 AM
I'm going to skip this one as I'm coming down with a ear/throat infection and I don't want to aggravate it even more for Christmas, might try to sweat it out tomorrow on the rollers in a warm room.

Anyway, it looks like the best day of the week to get out for a ride so don't waste it.
Title: Re: Xmas eve ride
Post by: xrayspecs on December 23, 2014, 11:33:19 AM
What route did you have in mind?
Title: Re: Xmas eve ride
Post by: harpo on December 23, 2014, 12:34:57 PM
I'm easy, was thinking Margam porthcawl ogmore cowbridge,pontyclun.  I really don't mind, it will be dry
Title: Re: Xmas eve ride
Post by: xrayspecs on December 23, 2014, 12:43:59 PM
930 at Brackla? Then if anyone else wants to join they can.
It will be steady for me.
Title: Re: Xmas eve ride
Post by: harpo on December 23, 2014, 12:46:37 PM
Yeah, epic!
Title: Re: Xmas eve ride
Post by: RichardB on December 23, 2014, 05:23:50 PM
I'll join you too if that is ok.
I should be able to cope with steady!
See you in the morning.

Cheers
Richard
Title: Re: Xmas eve ride
Post by: xrayspecs on December 23, 2014, 05:31:58 PM
Anyone welcome of course.
Title: Re: Xmas eve ride
Post by: RichardB on December 23, 2014, 08:07:25 PM
Hope you've got that squeak sorted Harpo  :)
Title: Re: Xmas eve ride
Post by: harpo on December 23, 2014, 09:05:39 PM
More of a cherp I thought! Mudguards off!!
Title: Re: Xmas eve ride
Post by: xrayspecs on December 24, 2014, 01:10:05 PM
Six riders out today for a steady spin to Margam Porthcawl coast road and Cowbridge where I peeled off. Neil, Wayne Terry Richard and Haydn. Wayne and Terry left at Cowbridge, the rest of us stopped at the new cycle cafe; Cafe Goodwin for a mince pie (don't worry Paul it only opens once a year).
Thanks for the company and Merry Christmas.
Title: Re: Xmas eve ride
Post by: RichardB on December 24, 2014, 02:40:47 PM
Thanks all and thanks to Chris for the festive cafe stop. A good work out for my legs today and a hard ride home into the wind to finish.
Title: Re: Xmas eve ride
Post by: Neil Bartlett on December 24, 2014, 03:53:11 PM
Thanks to all who rode this morning, perfect weather, no mechanicals and some unexpected festive hospitality at Chris's house to prepare us for the last leg of the ride!  Merry Christmas!
Title: Re: Xmas eve ride
Post by: harpo on December 24, 2014, 05:05:44 PM
Yeah good ride, feeling it now, hard slog back against the wind, thanks Chris for the minced pie!Can't wait for barbecue in the summer!!
Title: Re: Xmas eve ride
Post by: Terry A on December 24, 2014, 09:54:26 PM
Chris, I would have stopped for tea if I knew a mice pie was involved as well !! Thanks for the offer but needed to get back really. Enjoyed the ride/company - although after climbing Primrose hill out of Cowbridge the ride home along the A48 into a strong wind was really tough and I just watched my average speed tumble.