My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Steven on December 17, 2014, 10:35:55 PM
-
Weather looks okay?
Porthcawl, Bwlch. Option at the top to go right (three hour ride) or left (four hour ride)...
-
Windy. Bwlch. Starting to go off that already.
How about the Mark Rosser winter route? Including carrot cake in Aberdare. It is a long one but flat good for changeable weather?
-
Mmm..
It may be that we see who turns up and take the option on the day.
There may be a tailwind up the Bwlch mind...
-
Four riders today - Mark R, Chris G, Jason T and myself. Hadyn took one look at us and joined the Amblers! Off to Ponty with a tailwind and then up to Aberdare to the usual Cafe ( image enclosed). A headwind stretch down the valley to Neath and then back via the Port Talbot link road. When we got to Laleston we realised that Jason still had a long ride back to Ponty. As a gesture of solidarity and to get the miles in, we took in a loop around the Vale.
84 miles - Hadyn, you may have made the right decision !
[attachment deleted by admin]
-
^^ Christ ~ What a picture ^^
Good miles and overall speed today despite the weather.
I'm off to check out those waterproof socks Chris was telling me about.
-
Great ride by you, 96miles? Check out the Rapha top!
-
impressive ride for winter, Well done all of you.
-
Sealskinz. Waterproof. So any water stays inside like a wetsuit. A slightly unusual sensation but toasty feet guaranteed.
Good choice by Steven to go ANTI clockwise, ONIT went the other way and struggled back across the common. Didn't really notice the wind at all.
-
I have those socks, like wearing buckets on your feet. Needs must if its wet, but horrid to wear if its dry. I wore them for my first dragon ride about 10 years ago when torrential rain was forecast. It stayed dry and quite warm. Feet did not appreciate those skins! Wondered if there are any other more fitted waterproof socks that anyone can recommend?
-
Well, I placed an order for these yesterday;
http://www.cyclesuk.com/10498698/products/sealskinz-mid-weight-mid-length-sock.aspx
I'm guessing that they'll best be used on the longer, wetter and colder rides ~ I was fine until 70 odd miles yesterday but then the chill started kicking in on my toes.
-
You did have the ultimate jacket on though, I'd like to think that it was this that made you so strong .... !
-
The jacket is ace, when I took it off the inside was bone dry.
-
Socks just arrived via TNT Express Delivery and I opted for free postage :o
They feel a little odd, just have to wait to put them to the test.
-
Lets all hope you have a long long wait before you need use them...
-
I doubt it Rob...