My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Mark Pope on December 13, 2014, 03:02:02 PM
-
The weather looks a bit grim tomorrow so I suggest a slightly shorter ride than normal, avoiding the worst of the lanes. The proposed route is:
Brackla - Coychurch - Pencoed - Common - Heol-Y-Cyw - Bryncethin - Brynmenyn - Tondu - Ffordd-Y- Gyfraith - Hafodheulog -A48 -Water Street - Kenfig - Porthcawl - 3 Steps Hill - A48 - Merthyr Mawr Cutting - Ewenny - Corntown - Brackla.
It's around 40 miles and we can stop for coffee at Ewenny towards the end of the ride. See you at 0930 tomorrow.
Mark
-
Sounds good Mark-I'll be there if it's not pouring!
-
Despite the dire weather forecasts earlier in the week, today turned out to be not too bad. It was overcast and damp, with a brisk breeze but I remained dry and as warm as toast in my club winter jersey ( I'm not on commission honest). However, the forecast did reduce numbers and only 2 hardy Amblers joined me for a jaunt to Porthcawl and back. After riding through Pencoed and across the Common we turned North towards Maesteg before scooting across the lanes towards the A48 and Water Street. We eventually picked up a welcome tailwind after Porthcawl, which eased the ride back to Bridgend. As it was a slightly shorter and damper ride than usual we didn't bother with a coffee stop but headed straight home. Total distance from Brackla to Brackla was 39 miles. Today's Ambler's were:
Tom
Roy 1
Mark P
-
Thanks for the ride Mark&Roy.I was glad I got out but gladder to get home &warm&dry again.Bit puzzled by you&Andy in his report referring to it being pretty dry!I can believe I may have got so wet through extreme effort but I don't think my feet can sweat that much!