My Community
General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: ron b on October 29, 2014, 08:16:33 AM
-
Anyone had any experience of these toys, your opinions would be appreciated.
-
Hi Ron,
I have a Hero 3 which I use for swim coaching, it's waterproof, crystal clear image and very robust. There are loads of attachments available and most come with a helmet mount for a bike helmet. I'd certainly replace mine with the same again if it broke which I guess is a recommendation.
All the best,
Chris
-
Thanks for the info Chris, Dan's birthday coming up, bit of a camtechy?
-
I have the 2 or 3, I can't remember which version ~ After another close encounter this morning I think it's time to pop it back on the bike for the commute.
Cardiff seems to bring out the worst of drivers during Autumn/Winter.
I've found that the helmet mount gives the best point of view and best footage, so long as you don't throw your head around like a lunatic, that being said I tend to use a handle bar mount out of convenience for the commute ~ It does give a good angle but not as smooth as the helmet mount nor does it capture the persons field of view on the handlebars.
If I was buying again the GoPro would be on the list but I would look more into cameras with image stabilization (not really needed when helmet mounted) for handlebar/saddle mounts.
I really hope that the Microsoft Hyperlapse Project comes to fruition soon as it will make me use the camera a lot more, jump to the 40 second mark to see what could be in the pipeline;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOpwHaQnRSY