My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Rob Jones on September 12, 2014, 02:20:02 PM
-
Suggestion - a hill fest of a pacers club run to follow on from the club hill climb event on 21st - Post routes here and the most ridiculous/ interesting is the chosen won. Say 50 mile max distance and less if its gonna be really slow. Andy to make the decision...
-
Sounds like a blast........................not.
I'm in Manchester on the Saturday but aiming to be back to do the hill climb, it'll be a first.
Will try and post an interesting hilly route, it's about 10 weeks since I've managed a club :-[ run so looking
forward to getting out. ;D
-
What about this for starters..... http://www.strava.com/routes/938004
-
This is just over 50 miles and just a bit mad.
Including up, down and back up Penrhys and up, down and back up Pencoedcae, with Trebanog hill inbetween.
At 5000ft plus that makes it pretty hilly!!
-
You forgot to insert link Andy?
In my view a hilly ride should have at least 100ft climbing for every mile ridden, and therefore a 50 mile ride should be 5000ft plus...
-
Oops, out of practice. :-[
http://connect.garmin.com/course/7938814
-
Can't beat the old faithfuls:
http://www.strava.com/routes/939257
-
Can't beat the old faithfuls:
http://www.strava.com/routes/939257
My favourite so far...the most climbing per mile and a nice simple route to boot. I'll try and post an option based around caerphilly mtn or Gelligaer common...
-
I went for ridiculous!
-
Haven't got Strava, just a cough and cold at the moment. Ron's "route", from the "Hillclimb" over Glynogwr to the Rhondda then Maerdy, Hirwaun down the "Ski slope" turn off at the first junction, back on to the Old road through Glyneath village to the top of the Rhigos, then Bwlch, in Cymer Afan, turn left and up the "Hill" to Maesteg, in true Tom style over Shwt (new road surface) to Bryn garw for tea. The climb from Glyneath village to the top of the Rhigos 15 or 1600 feet. Different?
-
Sounds like Ron may a have had to much Beecham's!
-
Evening all...
Looking at the diary, i may well be in the area. All routes looking pretty juicy. Andy H, that garmin one looks brutal!
I always remember the incline on this route we did once - http://www.strava.com/activities/41225561/segments/686816941 Felt like riding up a wall!
See you all soon
-
Presume that was Bedlinog...up to Gelligaer Common
-
Whatever it was. It was naughty
-
Here's the best I could come up with, very slightly over the 50 mile marker. I went for steepness rather than altitude!
http://www.strava.com/routes/948092
-
Here's the best I could come up with, very slightly over the 50 mile marker. I went for steepness rather than altitude!
http://www.strava.com/routes/948092
Oh Dear... I've just looked at that route.
-
After the initial excitement at the thought of a hill fest, I now realise I'm neither in the shape nor mood for such fun and games. Will be ambling over to hill climb, doing best to win Tim's 'lantern rouge' prize and ambling back home.
Looking forward to getting some enthusiasm back for winter club runs!
-
Andy - reckon you'll regret that when the weather changes...could be the last opportunity of the year for hill fun!
-
Hadn't appreciated the hill climb prob won't finish til about 10.30/45 so any of those hilly routes probably optimistic.
-
First sensible comment on this thread Rob !!
-
First sensible comment on this thread Rob !!
;D
-
Tried to put it off as long as possible... But this thread was always going to be NATO!
-
DNS appols (stomach bug)
-
I'm not feeling great this morning, I'll set off from home in 30/40 minutes and head straight to Llangeinor.