My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Ben_North on August 23, 2014, 08:15:47 PM

Title: Ambles/ Pacers 24th August
Post by: Ben_North on August 23, 2014, 08:15:47 PM
Is anybody out tomorrow?
Title: Re: Ambles/ Pacers 24th August
Post by: Chris Reed on August 23, 2014, 09:49:26 PM
Yes mate - any others? I need about 85 tomorrow.
Title: Re: Ambles/ Pacers 24th August
Post by: Wayne E on August 23, 2014, 10:57:51 PM
I will be there. Looks like a cold start.
Title: Re: Ambles/ Pacers 24th August
Post by: Tom on August 24, 2014, 02:40:04 PM
12 of us set out for a combined Amblers/Pacers ride this morning(I'll do my best here!!)
Tony
Terry
Wayne
Chris
Ben
 Carrie
Steve C
Neil
Jonathan
Mark R(very briefly)
Myself and
Richard on his first club run(the shirts had caught his eye!)
I suggested either Bwllch or Cardiff Bay-I'm sure the prospect of seeing Sir Ben Ainslie was the deciding factor not the flatter route!We went in via Aberthin,Welsh St Donats,Peterston,St Fagans and wended our way to the Barrage(and saw the mega yachts there this weekend!)Back out through top end of Penarth-had intended to go through Dinas Powis but some incompetent idiot missed the turning so we ended up going back through top of Barry,round the airport and coffee in Café Velo.Someone with a computer will doubtless say the distance but I'd guess about 50
Thanks to everyone for a nice ride with a bit of everything!Well done especially to Richard-stuck the pace and distance very well-hope to see you again soon.