My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: ron b on August 16, 2014, 04:56:36 PM
-
Bit short on the ground this week because of holidays and tomorrows Welsh championship 10 mile TT. Anyone wishing to do a ride please turn up at Physiques in Brackla Triangle Shopping Centre at 8 45 to leave at 9.
-
I'm coming & a friend of mine said she'd like to join us too. Andrew also said he'd be out - hope so anyway as he has my back wheel.
-
Will be there 8.40 prompt + intact back wheel!
-
Woohoo!
-
Once the initial confusion of Ron's absence subsided, Andrew, Lucy, me & my friend Nicola set off around the vale. A tad wet to start & blustery throughout. Was it 28 miles you said Andrew? We turned left after Treoes, through the lanes, straight ahead at the lights in Cowbridge, into Llan something, with a nice climb out. On to Llantwit for a cuppa & home along the coast. Nothing broke today & the lovely Andrew did a sterling job on my back wheel where Halfords miserably failed. Thank you again bike mechanic extraordinaire. It's who you know, you know...
-
I am getting a good press at present but it's only a matter of time......... Also , where is our leader? Soon it will be ' do we go left, right , straight on ? No we stop and phone Ron !
-
you will have to do without me again next week, but Tom taught me one of his old skills, dropping bread crumbs around the course, I will call in Greg's in the morning and get a few stale loaves and drop crumbs around Llan something. PS I never know where I'm going! Don't forget it's the "Big One" on the 31st, we will need four loaves for that one.
-
Please define "Big One" so we can mentally prepare.