My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Paul Longthorn on August 16, 2014, 06:54:23 AM
-
Here is the route
Triangle - Church Acre - Coity - over the Common - Bryncethin - Brymenyn - Llangeinor - Llangeinor Mountain - Blackmill - Gilfach Goch - Llantrisant - Groes-Faen - Radyr - St Fagans - Peterston Super Ely - Welsh St Donnets - Llantrithyd - Flemmingston - Llantwit Major - St Donnats - Marcross - Monksnash - Wick - St Brides Major - Ewenny. Here we can have cafe stop.
Weather looks OK with a little rain to start this should ease. 16 mph breeze so should be a head wind on the way out and tailwind home. Expected mileage is 50 Miles.
Usual Time 9am
-
Sounds good. See you tomorrow.
-
Hope you don't mind a new rider joining you?
Took up cycling at the end of last year but the people i cycle with have stopped so been looking for a club (cycling on my own is ok sometimes)
-
Hi Craig,
You're more than welcome to join a ride tomorrow, the rides set off at 09:00 from Physiques Gym... it's looking a little wet first thing but looks to dry out fairly quickly (I hope) :)
-
Thanks physique is not to far from the house, will dig out the coat tonight
-
14 Started out this morning
Craig Morgan
Neil H
Neil B
Steve C
Paul L
Hayden
Richard B
Jason T
Ben N
Jonathan S
Wayne E
Chris M
Tony M
Marshall
Nice smooth club run until I punctured, and thanks Craig for the CO2 pump really impressed, may need to invest in one of those. Two new boys riding very well, and we hope to see them again. A few changes to the posted route but I think they improved the planned route. Nice cuppa in the Velo Cafe.
61 miles for me.
I'm not around the next two Sundays. But while I'm away there is the Club Hill Climb, and the Five Valley sportif.
-
Thanks for letting me join, just as tough as I imagined it would. Will need to increase the training.
Paul - co2 pump is the way forward just remember towear gloves so you don't freeze your hands!
Away next week doing the severn sportive but back the week after, will pop in to the club on a Friday if I can sneak from work at a decent time
-
Club Hill Climb on 21 September Paul?