My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Paul Longthorn on August 09, 2014, 06:30:56 AM

Title: Amblers Club Run 10th August 2014
Post by: Paul Longthorn on August 09, 2014, 06:30:56 AM
Well weather looks very grim, as South Wales sees ex hurricane Bertha fizzle out. Heavy rain and a met office yellow weather warning.
How about the Saturday Morning Route. Anyone who does not know.

Ewenny - Ogmore by Sea - Southern Down - St Brides Major - Monknash - Marcross - Llantwit - St Athans - Flemmingston - Tre Aubrey - Llantrithyd - A48 - Welsh St Donats - City - Craig Penllyn - Llangan - Treoes and home.

Should by around 35 mile. Enough for me in the rain!
Title: Re: Amblers Club Run 10th August 2014
Post by: harpo on August 09, 2014, 08:09:47 AM
Yeah weather looks terrible, I'm off over the bwlch this morning, making most of weather, leaving at 10 if anyone wants to join me
Title: Re: Amblers Club Run 10th August 2014
Post by: Paul Longthorn on August 09, 2014, 09:10:55 AM
Good choice Harpo. I will see what the weather is like in the Morning. I'll post if I'm not going out before 8. But optimistic it will not be as bad as forecasted.
Title: Re: Amblers Club Run 10th August 2014
Post by: Paul Longthorn on August 10, 2014, 07:23:56 AM
I'm not going out this morning. Rain to heavy. May get out for a hour later.
Title: Re: Amblers Club Run 10th August 2014
Post by: Terry A on August 10, 2014, 07:51:55 AM
I'm on the same page as you Paul. The forecast this morning showed the rain easing / stopping this afternoon so I may go out then.

Terry
Title: Re: Amblers Club Run 10th August 2014
Post by: Jason T on August 10, 2014, 07:54:31 AM
That last rumble of thunder and amount of surface water in my area has put me off (I was going to join the Saturday Route and peel-off), good luck to those heading out and avoid those hidden potholes  ;D
Title: Re: Amblers Club Run 10th August 2014
Post by: Chris Reed on August 10, 2014, 12:33:35 PM
Amblers met as usual at 9. Route - Park Slip, A48, Loop of PT, Porthcawl, Ewenny, Wick, Llandow, Cowbridge, Llanharry.

Torrential rain first and last hour (showers in between)

Riders
Me

:-)
Title: Re: Amblers Club Run 10th August 2014
Post by: Teresa on August 10, 2014, 06:30:31 PM
Chris, I recognise that fine line between madness and dedication  ::)