My Community
General Category => Time Trials => Topic started by: Rob Jones on August 08, 2014, 08:10:21 PM
-
The winner of this won really is going to have earned it :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Wrap up!
-
I reckon it will be a closely fought contest between Mark....and Bertha! ;D
-
Good luck tomorrow Gents in what looks likely to be slightly moist and breezy, but it will be the same for everyone. At least you wont need sun cream.
-
And the team event is up for grabs if three finish!
-
Yes and don't ride if it looks dangerous/ stop if you get too cold and wet. Wouldn't bother with deep rims on the front.
And the solo event is up for grabs....if anyone finishes!
-
Well done Joe-3.52(what's the club record Steve-I think that beats J_p's of a few years back).How did everyone else fare?Brave just to ride at all today!
-
As you can guess it was pretty wet for the 100 champs. Most of it was ridden in torrential rain. However, I remembered my 'O Level' Geography which was that the centre of a storm is often very calm and there was little or no wind. My prime objective was not to waste energy keeping myself warm so I dressed for a winter club run. Over shoes, calf guards, neoprene gloves and 5 layers including my race cape! This did the trick despite giving me the appearance of a Michelin man. I did 4:33:12 which was slightly off my target of 4:30 but very pleased nevertheless.
Joe was having none of this and he rode in his skinsuit and did a 3:52:58, which I suspect may be a club record. The event was won with a 3:42 which is the approx equivalent of riding 4 x 56 minute 25's back to back!
-
Well done to all. The consensus on the CTT site is that it was very cold as well as wet.
I also applaud all the officials standing out in the 'orrible weather for the duration of the event
-
Info off Norman is that Joe has set a new club record, so well done Joe and I second Teresa,s comments in congratulating all who rode and all who helped in such 'orrible weather.
-
did Mark Nott ride? Great time by the young Beech, and I am equally impressed he was able to work hard enough to stay warm for almost 4 hours in a skin suit. Well done Steven, think I'd have gone with your dress code.
-
Well done both, one ride to remember!
-
Fantastic results for both Joe and Steven.Well done gents.
I didn't ride as I felt the weather was too grim but listening to Steven's account I may have been premature with my decision or lack of experience.
Next year for me !!!
Well done again gents.
Mark N
-
Fantastic results for both Joe and Steven.Well done gents.
I didn't ride as I felt the weather was too grim but listening to Steven's account I may have been premature with my decision or lack of experience.
Next year for me !!!
Well done again gents.
Mark N
On safety grounds alone, I think it is always a good decision not to rride when there is a lot of surface water on a dual carriageway. Drivers much more likely not to see you. Also with more DNS motorists are less likely to be aware of the event and look out for riders. Must have been a difficult decision though mark as you had the form to do a very good time.