My Community
General Category => Time Trials => Topic started by: xrayspecs on July 27, 2014, 03:53:57 PM
-
Went and did this today. 5 miles downhill 10 miles gently rolling then 1 mile hill then down and hill to the finish.
Did it on my road bike as i wast sure if I had the bike handling skills needed this was a misjudgement as the downhills were mostly gradual and the rolling 10 miles into the wind drained me. Then got stuck behind a tractor on the i mile hill and had to do a kamikaze overtaking manoeuvre to get by.
Good fun, not many entrants perhaps we could have some more Ogmore members in it next year.
Even got a medal for 2nd vet in my age group, though some of the older ones were faster than me!
Highly recommended don't let the few small hills put you off.
And take your own mug, the Bynea club run arrived just before me so I was at the back of the queue for tea no mugs by the time I waited 15 mins. Eventually got a thimble of tea. Thought perhaps the riders might have been served first!
-
Well done Chris, My thoughts exactly, more Oggies for this excellent course.
-
Great effort Chris.
Love the run down,just had visions of you shouting Tora ! Tora ! Tora ! as you pass the tractor wearing your "Banzai" headband !!! LOL.
Cheers,
Mark N.
-
I actually used some of the new words you have taught me on club runs mark ;)
-
Good stuff.
Will put it in my calendar for next year
-
My favourite course. Not had time/ been organised enough to even think about entering TTs last month or so...shame as missed some great conditions. Now we've at least moved out of our house,if not into a new one, hopefully I can soon find a CTT book or a computer and book some up before end of the season. This season seems to have been a case of entering events I can't do and not entering events I could have done. I'm sure a number of you can relate to this...doesn't really matter but frustrating nonetheless!
-
And in danger of not continuing due to a small field. Which would be a shame as it is a really good course, apart from the tractor it was pretty much car free, as the organiser said its nice to have something other than a dual carriageway to ride on.
-
I rode it last year and got a medal too !
-
Well done Chris-I got stuck behind a herd of cows on that course but another time John Deeley,Chris(Hong Kong)and I won the Team-I've still got the socks!
-
That's Chris Ridball of course!!!
-
I have a medal from the last time I rode that course too...
-
Travel fatigue-try Tidball!!!