My Community
General Category => Time Trials => Topic started by: marknott on July 19, 2014, 07:46:29 PM
-
Hi All,
Virtually dry conditions but thunder storms earlier in the day.We were lucky,just managed to get a minor drop!!!
The turn was greasy,so carefully did it on there. Slight head wind but very good conditions generally. Some riders said the air was heavy ???
Results as follows....
56 riders
Winner...Rob Pears....19.18...Whooossshhhh !!!
Luke Dix...19.43...2nd
Tom Ward...19.51...3rd
Oggies
Mark Nott...21.06 PB....6th
Chris Goodwin...23.43 PB.
Ron Boast...26.01.
Well Done Gents.
Mark N.
-
Excellent!!
-
Amazing ride Mark ! Well done...
-
Thank god for that...I can stop looking nervously over my shoulder now for Mark...and I didn't even need to be there to be beaten!
Next scalp Joe Beech at this rate (perhaps)!!! Great ride Mark - I've never seen ANYONE improve at the rate you are last few seasons. That's another minute plus off your PB of a few weeks ago. Amazing stuff!!
Big milestone for Chris too, averaging over 25mph for a TT...well done sir!
-
Hi Gents,
Thank You all for your kind comments.
I really have been "ramping up" for this one.
Conditions were ideal and I felt really strong today, start time was 14.36hrs and I rode in a "fasted state, works for me every time as that's how I`ve conditioned my body to ride in certain situations, not even a power gel !!!.Doesn't work for everybody I know.
I knew from the 2nd mile that I was on for a fast time so just relaxed and remembered Steven saying to me when I first started riding "relax and pedal circles", so that's what I did and then really started to put the power down throughout the race and it kept coming !!!.
Average speed was 28.5mph.
All in all," a good day at the office" !!!
Who knows what next ???
Cheers Guys.
-
Perfect placing of Mark's number and some banter at HQ to help him relax, but the "Push Off" was non existent more of a "Let Go", so that's a few seconds and the turn was "Icy", well done Mark and Chris. Chris I did try to put Bob off by getting him to attach my number, might have made a little difference he did a "18" lately. Same again next week. More Oggies I hope. Good luck in todays 25.
-
The "push off" caught me completely by surprise as well.
Well done Mark, it seemed like a very quick day to me. I would have been interested to see how someome really quick like Joe would have fared.