My Community

General Category => Sportives => Topic started by: Andy H on July 16, 2014, 06:52:20 PM

Title: Late season sportive
Post by: Andy H on July 16, 2014, 06:52:20 PM
Anybody likely to be interested in this:- http://www.cyclosportives.co.uk/epicEntry.htm

An excellent part of the world to cycle and a great challenge. Great climbs on Abbey Cwm-Hir,  Elan Valley mountain road and 20% + pitches around Glascwm. Only £22 entry

Just trying to talk myself out of doing the Cardiff Half Marathon on the same day.    ;D

I can take 3 people and bikes apart, from self but it will mean leaving Bridgend by 6.00am to make the start time!!

Post if you fancy ending season on a high!
Title: Re: Late season sportive
Post by: Davey C on July 16, 2014, 07:40:02 PM
Rode it last year, excellent event.
Title: Re: Late season sportive
Post by: Shawn on July 16, 2014, 09:26:16 PM
I'm entered....................in the Cardiff half marathon  :o
Title: Re: Late season sportive
Post by: Rob Jones on July 16, 2014, 11:11:03 PM
Looks an interesting route. Personally would rather leave at a sensible hour to make the start...for free!

That said, if I had to choose between 6am start to ride my bike or running around the streets of Cardiff...
Title: Re: Late season sportive
Post by: Andy H on July 17, 2014, 09:56:30 AM
but you get flapjack and more at the feed stations, a free water bottle and food at the end!  ;D

Think I'll be giving the half a miss and do this instead.
Title: Re: Late season sportive
Post by: Rob Jones on July 17, 2014, 01:43:20 PM
When you put it like that Andy!

Can you pay double, do 2 laps and have another flapjack!?!
Title: Re: Late season sportive
Post by: Andy H on July 17, 2014, 03:57:17 PM
You're a glutton, no wonder you got through those CNP bars so quickly!
Title: Re: Late season sportive
Post by: Rob Jones on July 17, 2014, 06:53:09 PM
I have 1 cherry almond left! Need some more. Felt exposed riding without any on me today, as I was saving it for a longer ride. Felt even more exposed when my rear mech snapped and left me stranded in no mans land!