My Community
General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: traine on July 08, 2014, 11:20:03 AM
-
Hi Folks
Sorry I have been a bit lax about this. I knew two weeks ago that Andy Storrie was able and willing to give a Pilates session at Club on the 11th but I have been distracted by other things recently. The bad news for me is that, although the removal of the four femoral screws has been a great success, the holes in the bone weaken the leg for several weeks and I will not be taking part in the session. Just in case it snaps !
Andy is a professional fitness instructor and a great asset to the club ( the male equivalent of Toni according to Lynne James).
The session will start at 8.15pm and will last about an hour. It will be a series of stretching exercises (no real sweat) for about an hour to relaxing music. Try to remember them in sequence for your own use later. The purpose is to build core strength, so you will need to repeat them at home.
Andy will show you how to do the stretches properly and tell you how many reps, how to breath as you do them and how long to hold them.
You will know you have done them the following day and you will feel the benefits all your life if you keep them up.
You will need; an exercise mat or thick towel, loose top and trousers or shorts, socks (holes are optional), a sense of humour and £3 (we intend to pay Andy, he will be surprised to hear).
All levels of fitness will benefit from these stretches. From the elite to the rank amateur. Some you will do easily. others will be a challenge both of balance and strength. You do them all at your own level.
If I am driving by then I will see you there
Please make an effort to come despite the short notice
Tim