My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Andy H on June 30, 2014, 01:46:01 PM

Title: Pacers Club Run Sunday 5th July
Post by: Andy H on June 30, 2014, 01:46:01 PM
For those not going to Yorkshire, suggest the following route, main target is Hapus ice-cream parlor in Machen. Excellent coffee and ice-cream, worth the inevitable wait on a sunny day!

http://connect.garmin.com/course/7098474

Long range weather forecast is average, 70 miles, approx. 5 hours ride including coffee stop, so back in plenty of time to watch finish of stage 1 (sometime after 4pm) and do some Oggie spotting.

Amblers wanting to step up, very welcome!!

Title: Re: Pacers Club Run Sunday 5th July
Post by: xrayspecs on June 30, 2014, 02:14:42 PM
I would include all the boys who rode with myself and Mark this Sunday in that.
Title: Re: Pacers Club Run Sunday 5th July
Post by: Rob Jones on June 30, 2014, 04:27:49 PM
I would include all the boys who rode with myself and Mark this Sunday in that.

Now there's an offer...how about buying those of us that weren't there a hapus ice cream too Chris?  ;D
Title: Re: Pacers Club Run Sunday 5th July
Post by: Andy H on June 30, 2014, 04:52:44 PM
Just keep Allan off the lemon sorbet, can't be responsible for the pace setting if he doesn't!!  :D
Title: Re: Pacers Club Run Sunday 5th July
Post by: wardhaugh on June 30, 2014, 09:52:13 PM
No sorbet for me - I'm working Sunday. Any of the ambers I was out with yesterday or on Gower last week would have no problem.
Title: Re: Pacers Club Run Sunday 5th July
Post by: Rob Jones on June 30, 2014, 11:00:25 PM
How about the Amblers have a single scoop to start with...
Title: Re: Pacers Club Run Sunday 5th July
Post by: Rob Jones on July 05, 2014, 09:59:13 PM
Plea to produce courses on strava instead of garmin - Its tricky to work out which way around we're going from garmin courses. When created on strava you can tell at a glance from the segments. That said there is a modern version of garmin I haven't bothered with yet that claims to have segments too. So that would probably solve the problem.

Course is more interesting than I first thought Andy (and I first thought it was interesting). I like the slightly different route over to Lisvane from Caerphilly mtn and also the double sting in the tail post coffee and ice cream. Loads of interesting lanes too, I'm looking forward to it.  8)
Title: Re: Pacers Club Run Sunday 5th July
Post by: Andy H on July 05, 2014, 10:25:10 PM
If you click on the 'mile markers' box top right, it'll help see which way around you go.

See you in the morning.
Title: Re: Pacers Club Run Sunday 5th July
Post by: Rob Jones on July 05, 2014, 11:03:51 PM
Ta
Title: Re: Pacers Club Run Sunday 5th July
Post by: Rob Jones on July 06, 2014, 09:21:31 PM
Pacers today was Andy, Andy, Steven, Steve, Ben, Terry, Jonathon, Jason and me (think I've got everyone?). After coffee at the Hapus parlour we split about 50/50 flat route home versus rest of Andy'd planned route. Cracking ride with great company, mostly on rolling lanes at a decent pace - highlight for me was vista of Pen-y-fan from above Sengynnedd...wasn't expecting to be able to see that far!

Jason starting to look a bit too strong for my liking, especially on the flat and shallow climbs...can someone get him away from that dietician before he turns into another bonecrusher knott!  ;)

Pen-y-coed-cae was a bit of a slog into the wind, but its gotta be done at the of the ride!
Title: Re: Pacers Club Run Sunday 5th July
Post by: Rob Jones on July 06, 2014, 09:24:42 PM
+ Paul sorry, and possibly Haydn for a while too?
Title: Re: Pacers Club Run Sunday 5th July
Post by: harpo on July 06, 2014, 10:00:39 PM
More than a while rob! ;)
Title: Re: Pacers Club Run Sunday 5th July
Post by: Rob Jones on July 06, 2014, 10:16:11 PM
Oops...like the full ride!

I might have renamed you Haydyn, as a 2nd Andy. If there wasn't a 2nd Andy then that's what I've done!!  :-[
Title: Re: Pacers Club Run Sunday 5th July
Post by: harpo on July 06, 2014, 10:24:01 PM
Renamed me twice now rob! It's Haydn!lol
Title: Re: Pacers Club Run Sunday 5th July
Post by: Rob Jones on July 06, 2014, 10:31:39 PM
Renamed me twice now rob! It's Haydn!lol
Oh come on fella, thats just being fussy now...Rome wasn't built in a day!  ;D