My Community

General Category => Time Trials => Topic started by: Steven on June 19, 2014, 10:55:13 PM

Title: Port Talbot TTT
Post by: Steven on June 19, 2014, 10:55:13 PM

Mark N, Richard Beech and myself did a 52:30 tonight and picked up £80 for the fastest team of vets!  We only had three riders to the four in the majority of other teams as well.....
Title: Re: Port Talbot TTT
Post by: Davey C on June 19, 2014, 11:39:49 PM
Good riding! Nice night for it!
Title: Re: Port Talbot TTT
Post by: Rob Jones on June 20, 2014, 07:00:24 AM
That's a great time
Title: Re: Port Talbot TTT
Post by: Andy H on June 20, 2014, 07:35:29 AM
Excellent!
Title: Re: Port Talbot TTT
Post by: ron b on June 20, 2014, 07:52:59 AM
Good result and good PR for OVW. The good weather continues, good times Saturday and Sunday.
Title: Re: Port Talbot TTT
Post by: Steven on June 20, 2014, 08:42:52 AM

Rob, our speed dropped signifcantly in the last third as we struggled to keep above 30mph. We could have done with you or Mark Rosser and then a '51' would have been on the cards...
Title: Re: Port Talbot TTT
Post by: Rob Jones on June 20, 2014, 11:00:38 AM
I was thinking that and would have been delighted to have been part of a team producing such a time. Both me and Mark were out on our bikes that evening. Separately. So it could/ should of happened. On positive I did enjoy my solo scramble and got back for the football. Oops that makes it sound like I enjoy watching England lose. Not so, I only enjoy when they get proper humiliated!Watching them lose harshly to Suarez is like watching my team Everton lose to Liverpool, except that Gerrard plays well too in those games!
Title: Re: Port Talbot TTT
Post by: Steven on June 20, 2014, 12:14:15 PM
Rob,

I got back for the last 10 minutes, which was bad enough. Ironically, I never saw England vs Germany in 2010 because I was being operated on after my accident !
Title: Re: Port Talbot TTT
Post by: Richard Beech on June 20, 2014, 01:10:31 PM
wow £80 ..glad there were only 3 of us!

Thanks for the  great ride Steve  and Mark
Us veterans  are like  3 litre diesel  engines (No -not belching fumes and smelly..)

Richard
Title: Re: Port Talbot TTT
Post by: Rob Jones on June 20, 2014, 06:19:57 PM
Heavy, slow off the mark and expensive to insure!

Title: Re: Port Talbot TTT
Post by: xrayspecs on June 20, 2014, 06:41:28 PM
But fuel efficient and live forever.
Title: Re: Port Talbot TTT
Post by: Teresa on June 22, 2014, 09:53:21 PM
Full results

http://www.southwalesdc.co.uk/sitefiles/13/3/1/133127/PTW_4up_Result__140619.pdf
Title: Re: Port Talbot TTT
Post by: Mgalex on June 28, 2014, 12:59:43 PM
I've only just seen the results, well done every one but especially to the three old blokes!  amazing ride. :D
Title: Re: Port Talbot TTT
Post by: Chris Tasker on July 01, 2014, 06:42:37 AM
Superb ride.