My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Paul Longthorn on June 14, 2014, 07:45:56 AM
-
Looking at doing the Saturday morning route backwards. Should be around 35miles but there will be an option to tag some more miles on after the cafe stop, for those more athletic Amblers. Sorry a little strapped for time tomorrow. Weather will dry with sunny intervals. Here is the route for those who are not familiar.
Brackla - Coychurch - Treoes - Llangan - Craig Penllyn - City - Welsh St Donnets - A48- Llantrithydd - Flemmingston - St Athans - Llantwit Major - Atlantic Collage - onto the Wick Road- Ewenny then home or extra miles. ( To be discussed at cafe stop)
9am Start
-
I'll be looking to do extra miles in the morning. Porthcawl from Ewenny and back through Pyle/Parc Slip?
-
I'm sure you won't be alone Richard, sounds like a good plan.
-
Extra miles for me please. See you tomorrow!
-
I'm there at 9.00 so see you then. Currently planning to leave at Corntown at 8.00 and get a relaxed ~16 miles in beforehand. Plotting route now on Garmin if anyone interested.
-
Good turn out today for the Amblers today
Marshall
Kevin
Bowen
Pete
Mark Pope
Chris Reed
Andrew S
Steve Chapman
Terry
Jonathan
Richard B
Wayne
Neil
Paul Longthorn
Roy
Good fast average speed today 16.7 mph. Bowen dropped out early on with a puncture. Near Treoes. We lost Kevin but hope he decided to join the 25ers as we over took them.
Some stopped at Eweeny for at cuppa and rest pressed on to complete a half century.
I had the company of Steve Chapman going home and he was trying to persuade me to get another ten miles. I was tempted but after the hellish route he suggested I declined.
41 miles for me today. How many miles did you do?
-
Rich B, Wayne and I pushed on past Ewenny over 3 step hill to Porthcawl for a cafe break then a spin up through the Golf Course to the A48 and back to Bridgend and home. Kept the ave pace brisk at just over 17mph and I got home for a 75 mile total. (Then shock and surprise on the Criterium de D)
-
I don't know what you all think but I think today's ride format was a perfect way to fill that gap between 25ers and Amblers - have a shorter initial loop with an option to split off if you want to do a few more miles at an agreed place (route can be discussed during the loop),
Pros - Speed can stay as is as loop is shorter loop
Cons - Restricts how far we can range out
Thoughts?
-
It all works well if someone keeps count of who started and who went of at the bend and is still there. Anyone seen Kevin?