My Community
General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Andy Green on May 28, 2014, 08:24:47 PM
-
So having stretched for as long as possible with avoiding to fork out for a new set of tyres I've finally decided to treat myself to a new (and safer!) set.
But what do I go for? Got 23mm Vittoria bulk standard things that came with the bike at the mo but do I go up to 25mm?
Any advice would be much appreciated
-
If you average less than 20mph then 25mm will be faster. Regardless they should be more comfortable.
-
Well that's definitely the case over a couple of hours riding, so 25's sound good to me! Thanks.
-
I've started to run 25's on my commuter, just ensure that you have frame/brake clearance to run the larger size tyre and you should be able to run them at lower pressure than 23's.
I would guess that I've got a couple of hundred miles on them but so far I can't really feel a difference.
-
Andy
23's front and back. Continental. Black. The best you can afford. It's your only contact with the road. I know to my cost. ( I had Specialised on the front when I came off, red ones). Wouldn't ride anything else. 100 psi is ok but they will take 110/120 to race on.
Tim
PS We rode 18's or 19's on the front and 21's on the back in the 80's for racing and training in the summer.