My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Paul Longthorn on May 22, 2014, 09:44:34 PM
-
I've spoken of a few club members and have had some intrest in a longer than usual ride this Sunday. Here is what I propose.
We start at 8am from Brackla and ride out to Cardiff Bay and have a coffee/light snack, and then make our way back. Should be around 60 -70 miles.
The Route,
Brackla - Bridgend - Ewenny - St Brides Major -Monknash - Llantwit Major - round the Airforce base at St Athan -back onto the main road down to Barry. From there Andy Harris will guide us through Barry and onto Cardiff Bay. From there we have a few options of various routes to take back. Weather forcast looks better than it did yesterday but still a chance of a shower.
Who's in?
-
Will be there with Keith and the tandem.
See you Sunday
-
Yep I'm in.
-
I should be up for this one if I can drag myself out for the start time, also allows me to peel off on the return journey.
-
Definitely woken too late to make 08:00 this morning ~ Have a good ride today.
-
10 Out this morning.
Keith
Andy Harris
Steve Chapman
Terry
Tony
Paul L
Paul N
Wayne
Richard Bowmer
Hayden
We set off from Brackla and followed the posted route, until Barry where we followed Andy H onto Cardiff Bay. A brief delay as the barrage was lifted. But soon on our way for a nice Coffee in the Millennium centre. We made our way back through Cardiff City Centre then home via St Fagans.
Nice ride today really enjoyed thanks to Andy for guiding us to the bay and out of Cardiff. Respect to the tandem team for taking those hills making it look easy.
62 Miles for me.
-
Sounds like a good ride-being out last night an 8 start didn't appeal.Amazing to say forecast is good tomorrow-I think I'll go over the Bwllch if anyone fancies a shorter Bank Hol ride.
-
What route are you thinking of taking Tom? and what time?
-
Hi Roy-I was thinking of going Coity-Bryncethin-Llangeinor-back road to Bwllch then down Afan Valley,first left Caerau,Maesteg,Shwt,Llangeinor.I used to do that quite often-about 2.5 hrs I think.I am toying with the idea of doing it the other way round for a change-and I think the Bwllch is harder up the Afan Valley side.Flexible on time-probably about 9.It does depend on being sunny though!
-
Happy with that route Tom either way you want to ride it,weather forecast is looking good at the moment.
-
I'm working on a pass to get out in the morning if the weather is good. Won't know until the morning though.
-
Thoroughly enjoyed the ride today, although I think we may have found the most expensive coffee stop in South Wales!
If anybody is 'up' for a ride on the tandem, with Keith he's always looking for pilots.
If you're feeling a bit apprehensive I'd be happy to come along and help out on a first ride. Fitting the pedals, getting used to the gear changers etc...
-
Ok Roy-and possibly Steve-I think the simplest is if we aim for Physique at 9 just in case anyone else sees this and decides to koin us.Hope you can make it Steve-if weather men are lying I might suggest something flatter!