My Community
General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: traine on May 10, 2014, 02:25:07 PM
-
it's time we had a Grand Tour Party
Alan Marks is to bring a DVD of 2013 Giro for us to see the last hour or so, if we rewind a bit we might even see Wiggo before he retired. We also have a
COMPETITION. The winner will receive a bottle of PINK wine. All you have to do to enter is bring along an ITALIAN bike! or one with Italian components to be judged as , BEST ITALIAN. wearing pink whether you have a bike or not would also be a bit of fun. Any Giro memorabilia such as flags, road signs and such would also add to the atmosphere.
On show will be Campagnolo, Cinelli, Bianchi, Tifosi, Pinarello, Benotto, DeRosa and, I hope, a few other brands of frames and components.
So come along just to look if you don't have an Italian, and have an Italian. bring your own food - obviously Italian and your own drink (Chianti ?) and share it with everyone else. Pizza is allowed although Spain has a claim here too !
See you at the club house at 8 with your steed. Bring your food and drink and wear pink !
Tim
-
It occurs to me that we now have two members with projectors and screens to show the DVD on; Stephen Madeley and Jonathan Saunders. May I have a volunteer to bring this kit so we can show Alans 2013 Giro to better effect than on the television at the clubhouse ?
Don't forget folks, nice garlicky food and something that looks like Italian wine even if its not alcoholic, plus that all important entry to the Best Italian Bike Competition. I have two I want to enter but - hey- they are not the best we can get out by a mile !
However, I have no objection to winning back my wine, the one I am offering as first prize.
Tim
-
87 views on this Italian Party idea so far. If we have 40 it will be a blast.
Spouses (spice ?) and other partners/family and friends also invited. It would be unfair if non member friends won the wine but the family of all members are OK. So friends may display their kit ! ! ! but not win the pink.
See you tomorrow
Tim
PS pink skin does not count as dress !
-
Thank you to Tim for putting on the Italian Night.
Lynne was definitely the 'Pink Lady' - Broach, T-Shirt, nails, shoes and shawl - don't think I missed anything.